Interesting comments from Deputy CEO on NACS

Discussion in 'EX30' started by electriceddy, Jun 16, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Bjorn Annwall Chief Commercial Officer and Deputy CEO had this to say during a discussion:

"I think you’re right that Tesla has the best premium experience for fast charging. And I think our aspiration is to make sure we as soon as possible make a great charging experience for the mobile customers.

You can have it via the Tesla network. You can have it via some of the other networks. But then you have to become better at some of those things from automatic payments and taking away a lot of the hassle around it. And we’re working with that as a high priority. I can’t give you any further details."
    "[Volvo is] open to anything that makes life easier for all of our customers."

I am on a "wait list" for pre-order (that is all we get here in Canada so far).
    I like a lot about this vehicle, if NACS is adopted (the charge port is in the right place), and with EX30's equipped more than reasonable DC charge speed, this will pretty much narrow the field:)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2023
    Domenick and SameGuy like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Now that it is confirmed the decision to order one is even more lucrative:)
    The connector will be only available starting in 2025 models, starting in first half 2024- an adaptor will be required.
    The interim adaptor (NACS to CCS) will be supplied by Volvo for its production run of CCS equipped vehicles. The 2025 vehicles will also receive a CCS to NACS adaptor so the owner will have a choice.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2023
    Domenick likes this.