I need help understanding what the typical day of a prospective EV shopper looks like.

Discussion in 'General' started by EV1, Mar 19, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. EV1

EV1 New Member

Hi InsideEV community members,

I have been working on a personal passion project around electric vehicles and need your help. To better understand the user of the application I look to build, I need to understand what their typical day looks like and what sorts of things are important. Can you please fill out my survey located at the link below. The survey results will only be used for my application project. I really appreciate your help, and once my application is ready to be shared, I would love to come back and show you what I have developed.

Thanks,

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LP2FV59

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I don't understand how that has anything to do with electric vehicles. And prospective electric vehicle owner? Does that mean I shouldn't participate because I have an EV already?

Sorry, but i do not think that makes any sense.

4. EV1

EV1 New Member

@Esprit1st Thanks for the response. I am going through an exercise to understand better the target user of my application I am looking to build. To understand, I have been reading a book that explains how to build up an understanding of my customer. If it were not for COVID, I would be out doing these interviews in person. But with covid in place, I am using a survey to collect the information. The request may seem disconnected, but it helps me develop my personas (or archetypes) and get a picture of what their lives look like (this can help with identifying how to reach my users, what they care about (outside of EVs), and paint a better picture of who will end up using my application. This is part of user discovery. I hope the added context helps.

5. @EV1 I just think you're missing important data. Like I said. Am I supposed to participate? I have an EV already. Also I think questions like age group ex. are important so you understand if you're dealing with a young or an older audience or an income group. These things are important to get an understanding of what your target group is. I think you're missing all that information and therefore think with this survey you'll not gather information that you can use because you'll just get "random" people's answers.

*random because the only thing we have in common is that we're in the same forum for probably different reasons. But then I don't know where else you posted your survey which might make it more random.

However, I just wanted to point out that I think your survey is flawed. Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. I worked in marketing and ran my own business and know how hard it is to identify your perfect customer and then reach them.

6. EV1

EV1 New Member

@Esprit1st I appreciate your feedback and adjusted the survey. And any prospective EV shopper or someone who already owns an EV is what I am looking to understand.

7. To remove this ad click here.