Honda Clarity Dashboard/Dashcam Mounting Question.

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Lowell_Greenberg, Oct 13, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Lowell_Greenberg

Lowell_Greenberg Active Member

On the center top portion of the dashboard, near the window is a grill, and what appears to be a button/latch in front of it. I mounted an Owlcam, off center, four inches to the passenger side to completely avoid over hanging this button/latch. The Owlcam is now a couple of inches above the dash, aligned with the front sensor camera. This dashcam mounts over the dash.

What is ths button/latch for?

For some silly reason I thought it might be a type of sensor. I also wanted to avoid overhanging the grill as well.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Lowell_Greenberg

Lowell_Greenberg Active Member

Nevermind- it is a light sensor- so obstructing it or casting a shadow over it is probably not a great idea. So I inadvertently was probably correct placing the dashcam passenger side right of the sensor 1-3 inches to avoid it and the grille- whatever that is used for.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

4. Anyone mount a rear dashcam--how long a USB cable did you use, and how did you route it? (I'm going to upgrade to the true 4k A129 Pro Duo). I'd rather not try to drop the headliner, but routing down the A pilar and across the floor looks like it will eat lots of cable.

5. ywallet

ywallet New Member

It goes easily under the weather stripping across the a pillar from front to back driver side. When it meets with the plastic panel it just slides under it. Let me know if you would like me to take pictures. It was much easier to route this than I thought it would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

6. Yes please. Please take pictures

7. To remove this ad click here.