High pitch double ding coming from centre dash

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Tappets, Mar 21, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Tappets

Tappets New Member

I have a facelifted 22 Kona EV Highlander and on a recent trip on the highway on cruise at set 110kms/hr no radio on and in the middle of nowhere there was a very loud double tinny ding sound came from centre dash No warnings indicated and no change in anything in the car.
    About a week later on a 1100km trip from Canberra to Queensland in Australia in pouring rain And I mean deluge. Over 2feet 600mm in one hour It was inches deep even in the centre of the road The radar only dropped out once. But I could hardly see at all. The dinging happened about 5 times in about 1 hr.
    Then the orange triangle appeared on the display with 2 indicating and the navigation froze Then another triangle with 2 indicated.
    Then the cruise and lane keep assist failed.
    I parked and charged and on restart the car had reset itself.
    Since then I have driven another 2000k and No problem.
    I can't find any information about the ding and have just dropped the car in for its 15000k service and at the Hyundai reception They had no idea of what it is.
    Maybe you can tell me what the problem is.
    Other than that. I just LOVE my Kona EV
    Cheers Tappets.

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Happens all the time as it rains on a pretty consistent basis here. I don't worry about it and just keep driving. It is better to have the systems drop out under these conditions, and leave full control to the driver.;)

Tappets likes this.
  4. Tappets

Tappets New Member

Just picked car up from service. No error codes recorded on the cars log. It appears they don't register the triangle faults 1 and 2.
    Or the nav and cruise drop outs. The service department have no clue what the dinging is either. I thought it may be the attention alert.
    Tappets. Cheers.