Help needed! Monotracer "Ac pc2" protocol

Discussion in 'General' started by Mte150, Jun 16, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Mte150

Mte150 New Member

Hi

I have an old ev (MonoTracer mte150) wirh dead battery. It uses the ac propulsion gen 3 system. In order to install a new battery the BMS needs infos about the original "ac pc2" protocol.
    Please help me.

Regards
    Marc

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2023
    electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

If you're like me, you've never heard of Pervaves' MonoTracer MTE-150. I found a photo of this Swiss, Kevlar-bodied, 150-mph, enclosed electric motorcycle that came out in 2012. The Tron-like bike looks pretty cool (as it should for $85K)! It has little wheels that pop out on the sides to keep the motorcycle upright when it's stopped. The website painted on the side of this example has croaked, so they must not be around to offer support anymore. According to Wikipedia, only 12 electric MTE-150s were made, so there's not a large owners' group to fall back on.

upload_2023-6-16_16-12-57.png

4. Mte150

Mte150 New Member

Hi insightman

Nice to have gotten an answer from you. So I am the proud owner of exactly this yellow ev you attached as a photograph.
    The inventor still offers support and there exists a group of like-minded enthusiasts , but without battery the vehicle doesn't offer much fun. If only I had more information about the bms protocol in order to program a new bms accordingly...

insightman likes this.
  5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

As EVs age, I expect a specialized industry will develop to provide support for them--especially support for adapting traction batteries. I hope someone on this forum can help or direct you to help, because this bike is amazing.

6. Apparently In March 2017, PERAVES CZ Ltd. has turned into PERAVES CZ Plc.
    Here is the contact information. They have done battery replacements. Good luck;)
    "BATTERY PACK swap service
    We are offering support service for MonoTracers-E, that were built by a former Swiss manufacture. This service contains swapping old non-functional batteries and other optional upgrades to the original models. After those upgrades these machines will match those currenty in production with a new advanced battery pack, a sophisticated control unit, a new generation braking system and other upgrades chosen by the customer."

insightman likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Mte150

Mte150 New Member

We are a group that tried exactly that, but they didn't deliver after several years and spend all the money as it seems. So that path is not an option anymore.

9. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Does that imply one could buy a current "production model" and part it out to retrofit the MonoTracer?

10. Mte150

Mte150 New Member

There is no production model. That is all bs. They tried to make a similar one, but couldn't get it approved. Also the engine is **** etc. Moreover they are out of shop and owe us lots of money for not delivering the batteries.
    If anybody now a good address to produce a 400v 60-80ah battery in a custom battery box, we would be very happy.

11. You might try contacting EV west ( https://www.evwest.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=4 ) They do a lot of unique conversions and custom batteries. They have been around for years and are well known. If they cant help you maybe they could recommend some one who could

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Photos of the battery box? Perhaps what is inside?

Bob Wilson

14. Mte150

Mte150 New Member

The original battery boxes were build with pouch cells, which inflated and damahed the bikes. The bixes were removed and a new solution must be found.

15. bwilson4web

The reason I ask is there are affordable, cylindrical cells that might fit in a custom battery box:
    • 18650 - used on Tesla Model S and Model X, including the Plaid
    • 2100 - used on the Model 3 and Model Y
    If you insist it has to be identically sized and performing pouch cells, it will remain a very hard problem. BTW, changing to cylindrical cells means the battery box structures need to change.

Bob Wilson

16. Mte150

Mte150 New Member

Thank you for your reply Bob. Your comment was much appreciated.
    I would have to weld 2600 18650 batteries. What bms do you recommend? Please give me some advise on the structure. Is there a statem for the battery cells to be plugged in, in order to not have to weld them them?

17. bwilson4web

I can't begin without seeing the existing battery box and BMS but you're a great distance from me. Regardless, it is a solvable problem. As a suggestion, look at the Sandy Munro videos for Tesla battery breakdowns.

Of course you could search the usual suspects for replacement pouch cells.

Bob Wilson

18. Mte150

Mte150 New Member

Pouch cells would be fine, if I could be sure that theu wouldn't inflate all over again. Can the problem of inflation be solved?