Greetings fellow beta testers

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by RichL, Dec 30, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. RichL

RichL Member

There have been some mention in this forum that Clarity ownership felling like a beta program for Honda. Well Honda openly acknowledges this in the owners manual. See below attachment.

With the "not limited to ..." statement, Honda has access to everything you are doing - when, where and how you use the car. Only audio and images are excluded.

Welcome the the Program.
    upload_2018-12-30_22-55-5.png

Remarksman likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Kendalf

Kendalf Active Member

4. Kailani

Kailani Member

They know when you’ve been bad or good...

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

MNSteve and insightman like this.
  5. Elektra

Elektra New Member

Well, then they should know that we don’t need oil changes after driving 70-90% EV for 6000 miles right?

Pegsie and Clarity_Newbie like this.
  6. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

But Honda isn't actually making you a Prisoner.
    ;)

insightman, Gearhead and Domenick like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Now we finally know who Number 1 is and he’s not in the Village. He’s the TCU in our Clarity. He’s connected to and recording every scrap of information on our CanBus.

9. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I loved The Prisoner so much that I bought an unloved, rusty 1966 Morris Mini Moke in Hilton Head so I could drive a cool vehicle like the ones in The Prisoner's village. It wasn't as reliable as our Clarity, unfortunately. After 20 years and and less than 1,000 miles I ended up selling my Moke for parts.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    Pushmi-Pullyu likes this.
  10. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

On the day you sell your old Insight, I will know the Apocalypse is upon us and I will be listening out for the 4 horsemen! May you live long enough for it to be converted into a hover car one day, like Back to the Future with a Flux Capacitor.

11. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I seem to have hijacked the thread! ;)

I had no idea that this forum was such a hotbed of BBC cult TV fandom. :cool: My personal fan activity re The Prisoner was confined to visiting the "Six Of One" website, and buying the DVDs as soon as they came out... rather overpriced originally.

I run a small group of home theatre/ movie enthusiasts, and a some years ago I was showing an episode of the series more or less once a month, until they ran out. So those DVDs did not just sit on the shelf!

So, Insightman, when it comes to being a truly dedicated fan, you've got no competition! When it comes to vehicles from The Prisoner, I confess I have never owned so much as a penny farthing. ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    chris5168, insightman and Kailani like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Start listening for the horsemen. We have 3 cars for 2 people and I can't justify using that gem as a daily driver anymore. I'm hoping to find a collector who wants a well-maintained 90K-mile 13-year old Insight. I like that car so much I've been dragging my feet on the sale for more than a year now, but it's gonna happen. "Yes, dear, I just have to clean some corrosion off the wheels," was my end of the conversation last July. OK, you won't be hearing the 4 horsemen for a little while longer.

KentuckyKen likes this.