Grab Handle Removal

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by vicw, Apr 7, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. vicw

vicw Active Member

I'm getting ready to install a cable for my Rear Cam, and want to remove the Grab Handles to be able to pull back the Headliner, but I can't get the covers on the handle mounts off.

I have been trying to do the job with small flat screwdrivers, pulling from both sides, without much success, and I don't want to mangle or break the plastic.

If any of you have managed to do that successfully, I'd appreciate a short word of assurance that the covers will actually pop off somehow with no damage.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Boston_Pilot

Boston_Pilot Active Member

FWIW, installed my BlackVue and never had to remove any part of the headliner.

4. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

I suspect the cover is more of a deeper insert. Try prying from the opposite side and expect to extract something about 1/2" deep. This is just an educated guess though.

5. vicw

vicw Active Member

I'm hoping that I can run the cable above the Side Curtain Airbag, to avoid any interference with it if it ever deploys.

6. Here’s 2 photos. The cap pops off. It may take some prying from both sides. There looks to be a metal clip that might be removed with needle nose pliers that would release the handle.

Attached Files:

vicw likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. vicw

vicw Active Member

Much thanks @Landshark That is exactly what I was hoping to hear.

I had found procedures on the web for Honda Fit and older Accords that are very similar, but I had so much difficulty trying to pry them out on the Clarity, I was afraid they might be a different design, and I might damage them. Good news. You got to love this forum for helping each other.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Inside EVs mobile app