feedback about new comment system on main insideevs page

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rob Fitzgerald, Apr 25, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I guess I wont be commenting on articles anymore. Im not signing up for yet another account. I understand moving away from Disqus but why couldnt it be linked to our forum accounts? This is just a poor decision.

OneEV likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. OneEV

OneEV Active Member Subscriber

I also dont understand the disconnect between the forum and the article comments

Disqus.. wow ..worst scammy site ever. Cannot get it off my PC no matter what I do. I have deleted so many executables and every little crumb and even a couple of spam/antivirus and notthing can ever get it off the OC

Rob Fitzgerald likes this.
  4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Forum admin, @Rob Lay explained that InsideEVs was purchased, but not the forums. So the two similarly named entities are now completely separate. The InsideEVs news site removed the link to the forums, but the forums did not remove their link to the news site.

The most bizarre aspect of this split @Rob Lay reported was, "It is sounding like they [the company that bought the news site] didn't even know the forum existed."

Rob Fitzgerald likes this.
  5. Wow. I wonder if we can expect even more ads. I may have to set Firefox protections back on for the site.

Edit: To be fair, most websites dont host their forums on a separate domain. Its usually a subdomain. So I can see why they wouldnt know.