Facebook nagging

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bwilson4web, Oct 22, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Oct 20, 2018

Am I the only one pissed at Facebook prompting for personal details?

So I hired myself at Facebook which took down the nagging prompt. Then I fired myself and took it down.

Oct 22, 2018

Spoke too soon as the nagging came back. So I rehired myself as 'Quality Assurance Manager' at 'Facebook Business' in 'Roach FL' working on 'Nagging Update Profile' a month ago.

Hummmm, I wonder if Napoleon's old job is open?

Bob Wilson

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

I confess I have no idea what you mean by saying you "hired" yourself. No doubt it's a joke... which whizzed right over my head.

Your joke
    -----------
    My head
    ;)

That said, I find FB trying to get me to give them my phone # every time I sign on to be very annoying indeed. I'm quite glad that when I signed up for FB I did so giving them the absolute minimum info. In light of all the times they have been (and will be) hacked to get personal info from their users, I was certainly right not to give them any info I don't absolutely have to!
    :mad:

bwilson4web likes this.
  4. bwilson4web

Clicking through the Facebook popups, it led to letting me report my employment. So I hired myself ...

As for a phone number, I have a suggestion:

Bob Wilson

5. Pushmi-Pullyu

What really annoys me about FB nagging me for my phone # is that FB claims it will "make your account more secure". No... they just want it so they can sell it to third parties!

The amount of info FB collects on you, which third parties can access and/or buy, is absolutely shocking:

From Consumer Reports: "How Facebook Tracks You, Even When You're Not on Facebook"

Re using a fake phone #... I'm afraid they would try to verify it by sending a text message, which of course I wouldn't get.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    bwilson4web likes this.
  6. bwilson4web

What happened is over the weekend, someone pointed out that torture doesn't work because the victim will say anything . . . and Facebook was trying to popup torture me.

Bob Wilson

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Pushmi-Pullyu

And apparently succeeding! ;)

[​IMG]

Nobody expects the random non-sequitur Monty Python reference!
    :D