EV spreadsheet

Discussion in 'General' started by Aat, Nov 25, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Aat

Aat New Member

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Aat

Aat New Member

The EV spreadsheet is updated to version 4, follow this link EV spreadsheet V4
    In this update, the temperature is more involved in the consumption and range figures.
    Also the consumption figures have been converted for a normalized temperature to make a better comparison between the different cars.
    It was done by converting the measured consumption value from each test to a normalized temperature
    and only then calculate the weighted average consumption figure.
    The temperature is set to 10 degrees Celsius by default (the average in the Netherlands) but you can adjust it yourself by making a local copy of the spreadsheet.
    You then have the ability to adjust the numbers and also change the sorting order and so on.

John Lumsden and electriceddy like this.
  4. Very well done, and pretty accurate with My Kona 64 kWh consumption. Great resource to compare different manufactures, thank you for sharing:)

Aat likes this.
  5. Aat

Aat New Member

Improved the EV spreadsheet again.
    Now with separate sheets sorted by Consumption, alphabet, range, charging speed and price. https://bit.ly/3qUPyw7

2022-01-24_185000.jpg

6. I somehow missed this before, but this is an amazing collection of data. Thanks for sharing with us.

electriceddy likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Aat

Aat New Member

A trip calculator is now added to the EV spreadsheet https://bit.ly/3qUPyw7
    just for fun.
    Choose a car, put in the distance, your average speed, the expected temperature during the trip and the calculator will calculate the number of charging stops and the total time needed for the trip supplemented with the costs of the trip.
    graph4.jpg

Domenick likes this.
  9. DJP

DJP Active Member

Living in mountainous BC gives away my interest in whether a change in elevation could be factored in. I've seen 20% of my Leaf's charge disappear in a fairly short time climbing one mountain.

Aat likes this.
  10. Aat

Aat New Member

Good point, but it is alone important when your destination of the trip is on a higher elevation than your starting point. Because downhill you regenerate, not completely even of course because of the losses but the difference is maybe not that big.
    Nevertheless for now i have no data to incorporate elevation in the calculation but I will search for data of that kind. And if i find a reliable source i wil expand the calculation with elevation.

11. Aat

Aat New Member

It wasn't too complicated for a theoretical method to calculate the extra energy needed for elevation and i have implemented it.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Aat

Aat New Member

14. Aat

Aat New Member

15. Aat

Aat New Member

I have cleaned up the EV spreadsheet of irrelevant data that few people used but took a lot of effort to keep up with. The new version can be found here. https://bit.ly/43qCLUi
    There are now 125 EVs listed and a total of more than 300,000 km of test mileage has been processed.

electriceddy, Domenick and andyG59 like this.
  16. A nice spreadsheet, thanks again for the work and a good reference. I especially like the references to the charging curves.
    I have also found this website to be very useful as well, especially when searching for specifications relating to just about anything. It provides much more information than the manufactures provide.
    For example, choose Volvo EX30 (a recent addition) specs provided for all three versions (scroll down).
    Everything you could want and a great comparison tool. Only thing missing is the price for the various trims, which is easily obtained by googling price and picking a country in Europe or Australia for example and then converting $ values.;)
    It appears to be European site so keep in mind what is provided there may vary with geographic worldwide market regions.
    When the vehicle is available to the European market (even for ordering) they will be listed. I do want to know the specs (in detail) for the new 2024 Hyundai Kona Electric, however I assume it is not yet available to order so it is not listed there yet.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2023