Engine kick on no apparent reason....?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by brady, Apr 15, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. brady

brady Member

Question....for the past 3-4 battery cycles the engine has NOT come on 1 time. All of the sudden when I made a short and slow run to the store then engine fired up and wouldnt shut off? Whats the deal? Does this happen to anyone else of have or have I lost my mind?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. megreyhair

megreyhair Active Member

That will happens from time to time. The car was doing an engine check.

4. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

What he said.
    Also, whenever ICE comes on for any reason it will stay on until it reaches normal operating temp.
    Other posts have suggested that it will also come on when battery is full and can’t take any more charge as in regenerative braking on a long/steep downhill.
    Hasn’t happened to me, but I have no hills around. However in first 1,300 miles, the ICE came on twice within 3 weeks both times immediately after I left home on a full charge ( flat ground with no hard acceleration/brake). One could be the check but I’m not sure what the other one was for. I have noticed that immediately after a full charge, I have less regenerative braking than normal for a short distance as evidenced by the power bar not going down into the green as far and not being able to call for level 4 regen. I have an hour meter on the ICE and so far it’s only been on for 1.5 hours (2 gal used) and that was almost all on hwy trips. I wish Honda would give us the schedule for when the engine checks are called for.

Johnhaydev likes this.