Door open indication when powered off?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by RV-CAR, Feb 12, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. RV-CAR

RV-CAR New Member

I noticed that when the car is powered off and any door is open, there is no indication on the instrument panel. I find this weird as all my previous cars would show that a door is open.
    Is there a setting I am missing?

When the car is powered on and a door is open you do see this indication on the instrument panel.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. David in TN

David in TN Well-Known Member

My current inventory of 2006 Acura RDX, 2014 Chevy Silverado, 2014 Honda Pilot, and 2018 Honda Clarity... none of them show doors open when powered off; yet, all do when powered on.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Inside EVs mobile app

4. RV-CAR

RV-CAR New Member

Interesting. My 2005 Prius, 2014 Prius, Corolla, Lexus all show/showed door open when powered off.

5. David in TN

David in TN Well-Known Member

6. RV-CAR

RV-CAR New Member

May be. I thought it was a common feature in all cars. I remember even my very old 90 Honda Accord had this feature.

To me, this seems like a required feature as I see that Clarity doors don't close that well. The doors feel light, if you know what I mean. You think you closed it properly only to realize that you need to reopen and shut them a little hard. Not to mention the interior lights are going to remain on the entire time if you didn't close it properly.

7. To remove this ad click here.