Does it make sense to correct EV ignorance?

Discussion in 'General' started by bwilson4web, Nov 18, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Listening to a podcast, I heard two false claims about Tesla but decided not to share with them. The first was a claim the $7.5 k credit that ended two years ago was the Tesla success and the second was Tesla price. I don't think it makes sense to educate him.

Every Tesla has an emissions credit, the fee to compensate for toxic tail pipe emissions, which is different from the former tax credit. A real but subtle difference, not worth the effort. But as for price, Tesla is increasing price to inhibit the 16 month delivery delays. Do we want to encourage more late deliveries by down playing the purchase price ... meant to decrease demand?

So I'm not motivated to correct their misinformation since that in effect achieves Tesla goals.

Bob Wilson

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Bruce M.

Bruce M. Well-Known Member

I tend to think accurate information is a value all by itself, regardless of its impact, good or bad, on any particular company.

John Lumsden likes this.
  4. bwilson4web

Nice article. Regardless, Tesla deliveries are now out to 16 months.

There are different architectures for self driving. Having had AutoPilot since 2019, I've been through the incremental improvements. My expectation is the $6k paid for Full Self Driving in 2019 will be rewarded handsomely. The first version I get won't be perfect but perfectible. The article author does not understand nor does he need to.

Well add that to a long list of 'Tesla Fails' articles ... while Tesla sells every one they make.

Bob Wilson

5. To remove this ad click here.

6. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

7. That's the case for pretty well every automaker these days, ICE or BEV. But sad to see, they have still not improved their quality.

And yes, my son paid way too much for his M3 (early model) incl all the options, software and accessories (about 80K CAD). It is probably worth half that now. He is driving the crap out of it now, trying to get his money's worth. He has a trip planned in March (spring break) with his family to drive down to Tampa, from Vancouver here. And will catch MLB events in Phoenix on the way back. Probably do over 7500 miles round trip. For his next BEV, he wants to get a Ford F150 Lightning, maybe late next year.

8. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

Well it must not be the POS you want us believe if he is willing to drive that far.

9. I never brought up my son's car, you did. I was talking about Tesla's in general here as per the CR ratings. And POS are your words, not mine. But if you must know, he is not willing to take a bath with trying to sell or trade it in right now. That is why he is driving the crap out of it, to get as much value out of it as he can while he has it.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
    bwilson4web likes this.
  10. To remove this ad click here.

11. bwilson4web

Kelly claims my 2019 Model 3 is worth $35,000. It was $41,000 sticker but after trade-in, $24,000.

Bob Wilson

12. bwilson4web

Just curious, here is Southeast New Mexico Tesla Superchargers:
    upload_2021-11-20_15-19-48.png

Bob Wilson

13. bwilson4web

Here are the current CCS-1 chargers:
    upload_2021-11-20_15-20-57.png

Bob Wilson