Does anyone still have problems with public level 2 EVSEs?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Robert_Alabama, Mar 31, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

I got the "Plug-in Charging System Problem - Range Limited" error with blinking green light at the port today at a public ClipperCreek EVSE. First time I've had charging error in at least 3-4 years. I did remove the ground connection on the 12V battery to clear the error (engine light is still on, but I think it will turn off in a day or so based on what I remember from past occurrence). Just checked it with home level 2 EVSE and seems to charge fine now. Probably just an EVSE with bad voltage quality, but thought I'd see if anyone else is running into this...

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Dan Albrich

Dan Albrich Well-Known Member

Hi Robert. I don't think this forum has mentioned this. Maybe a fluke. I mean aside from the known software update (when not applied).

4. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

@Dan Albrich , thanks for the reply. I suspect that the EVSE just had problems. There were two single ClipperCreek units there and while both were on, one wouldn't recognize the car connection at all. The other one caused the error state with the Clarity. I suspect that it is a one-off case due to defective EVSE or voltage quality.