Clarity: License plate screw size?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by pigrew, Jan 7, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. pigrew

pigrew Member

Perhaps it doesn't matter, but I've been trying to figure out the proper screw size to use to hold down Honda Clarity's license plate. The part diagrams do not show the screws that hold down the plate, and I cannot find any official documentation of the proper size anywhere.

My current understanding is that the rear plate should use M6-1.0x16mm pan-head machine screws (by I've also seen mention of 20mm long).

For the front, I've seen mention of 93904-46220, which is a M6-1.9 x 16mm flange hex head (based on my measurement).

Are these correct? What was installed on your car? Are they hex-flange? pan-head? What's the part number for the rear screws? Is there something published by Honda that clearly states which size to use?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. pigrew

pigrew Member

Upon further review, I think I figured it out:

93904-46220 M6-1.9 x 16mm self-tapping flange hex head (front)
    93913-15420 M5 x 16mm self-tapping (thread pitch is around 1.5mm) (rear)

Based on the drawing on parts websites, the quantity required makes sense for the front and back (5 for the front which includes the screw into the bumper itself, and 4 in the rear). Also, TSB 11-045 for the CR-V mentions 93913-15420 for the rear license plate, giving further confidence in that part number. Based on my experimentation yesterday, a 10-32 x 5/8" machine screw does work in the rear, but is not the OEM solution. The plastic anchor in the rear that is screwed into is part 90601-SNV-P01.

(How I wish that this website let me edit my old post, and correct its part numbers...)

4. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

I'm able to edit my posts, using either MS Edge or Google Chrome on my Win10 desktop PC. There's an 'edit' link on the bottom left edge of my reply with options Edit / Delete / Report.

5. In my experience, the edit option expires after a certain period of time. Perhaps an hour?

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

Editing is only possible for maybe a couple hours.

But, if you feel strongly enough about changing something after the time allotment passes, you can always send a message to the administrator (@Domenick ) and he will make corrections for you.

8. Frankwell

Frankwell Active Member

Some forums allow the OP to edit the #1 post in a thread indefinitely, apparently that is not the case here.

You can click "Report" on your post, that will send a message to the admin, you can request them to make the edits to your post.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2022