Clarity doesn't detect fob key

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by James123, Feb 2, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. James123

James123 New Member

Clarity doesn't detect fob key. Fob key is in a leather case, I don't think that is a problem since it should works inside a purse. I tried pressing lock/unlock keys nothing happen for 30 seconds then car started to be able to detect the fob key again. This happened one time while I was in the car and one time while I was outside. temperature here is about 60 degree so anyone knows what is wrong?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ClarityDoc

ClarityDoc Active Member

WantEV likes this.
  4. James123

James123 New Member

I would expect the battery to last more than 2 months. Just got the car 2 months ago so i think if it happen again then i will take it in to the dealer.

5. ab13

ab13 Active Member

Any metal on the leather case?

6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Your Clarity came with two fobs. You can test to see if the other fob works. If the other fob works, that points to a problem with the fob, not the car. How long was your Clarity built before you purchased it? Perhaps the problem fob was stored improperly with one of the buttons being pressed. A defective fob battery is possible. When you have the problem again, and the other fob works OK, take the problem fob out of the leather case and try again.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. 4sallypat

4sallypat Active Member

I found if the Honda key fob is next to another brand key fob, it will cause interference.
    Using the Honda key with my BMW and Land Rover key fobs - all of which send out RF all the time for the door unlock/lock feature (your hand pulling or pressing) has an effect on identification.

Now I separate the Honda away from the other key fobs to prevent this from happening.

9. vicw

vicw Active Member

I agree that the battery is a suspect, and you should try the other remote, but have you seen any messages on the dash, such as: "Keyless Remote Battery Low" or "Keyless Remote Not Detected"? There is also a procedure for starting the car with a weak fob battery on Page 537 of the User Manual.

10. neal adkins

neal adkins Active Member

I had a similar experience with my key fob. I think it was close to my phone or some how the phone intephered.