Charge rate Low-ish temp (28F)

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by LegoZ, Jan 2, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. LegoZ

LegoZ Active Member

So I have an cool graph for you today, I plugged my car in after it cold soaked today for 5 hours in my work parking garage (waitlist CharePoint).
    I had preconditioned the car so the cabin was about 45F when I got in to move the car to the EVSE. I noticed it was only charging at 4.03kw, so I took note and captured the graph from the website, see below:
    car 28.png
    I was at 98% and kicked on climate control when the charge started tapering. The highest it got was 5.72kw before preconditioning started and hit 5.91kw with climate running (I usually see 6kw out of this station)

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. LegoZ

LegoZ Active Member

Also after 30 minute precondition it took the car from 45F to 75F with 28F ambient temperature (in parking deck, no sun, light snow flurries).

This is not a free station, is 100% employee only and is waitlisted so hopefully there will be no yelling about being in the way of a BEV. I also have a message me on PlugShare sign that I put in my dash now when I use a public charging station.

4. Atkinson

Atkinson Active Member

Not sure if that's the cause, but I have seen the charge rate drop in the middle of a session during cold weather.
    Pegs graph for a half hour then drops to 2 Kw for another half hour and returns to full charge rate.

5. LegoZ

LegoZ Active Member

It was more of an observation of throttled charging I assumed was solely due to pack temperature. Where it dipped I am 100% sure why because I was watching it and when it started to taper off charge as it was at 98%. It only went back up due to precondition.