Center touch screen issues

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Kingemail, Oct 12, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Kingemail

Kingemail Member

Just bought the 2018 clarity 2 weeks ago, and am pretty frustrated with the touchscreen. Half the time it doesn't even work when I press buttons. I already did a reboot and still doesn't work properly. It works when it wants to. Is this a normal issue for everyone else? It's quite annoying when I get to a drive thru and can't shut off my radio!

There a way to replace or upgrade this display? Never had this issue with the volt!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Hedgefundie

Hedgefundie Member

The Audio button at the top left shuts off the radio. Did you try that?

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

4. Kingemail

Kingemail Member

Yes when I try to press it, it don't work, nothing I press works. But 5 min later it might work again. Very annoying

5. ClarityDoc

ClarityDoc Active Member

Have you done the factory reset, or just the reboot? I recall there's a deeper test that might be worth a try.

6. Groves Cooke

Groves Cooke Active Member

Sorry about your problem. I cannot help with the touch screen, but there is a volume button on the steering wheel. Just turn down the volume to zero when in a drive thru,

Kingemail likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

Anything touching the bezels will interfere. Make sure you haven't sat anything on top of it, or if you put your fingers over the top for stability while touching with your thumb, make sure you hang off the back of the screen and aren't making any contact between your fingers and the face of it.

K8QM likes this.
  9. Kingemail

Kingemail Member

I have not done the factory reset yet, do I have to take to dealer for that?

Thanks

10. Kingemail

Kingemail Member

Hey bro you fixed my issue, it was my cable connected to my phone from the charger, kept dangling but not touching the screen, I didn't know that will freeze everything. Thanks man, and to everyone who responded!

Daniel M W and insightman like this.