Cargo net D-rings, OBD2 BT modules, undercarriage pan replacement

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Stan-O, Jul 22, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Stan-O

Stan-O Member

Hello,

3 questions, I apologize if that's been brought up before, but I couldn't find a way to search the Clarity Accessories thread itself.

1. There are two spots on the sides and two on the cargo floor which look like they could receive the D-ring cargo net attachments. Has anyone done that? What's the Honda part number? I called the nearest dealer, but they have nothing specific for Clarity, so it would be a special order with the install fee applied.

2. Is anyone using OBD2 bluetooth modules with Clarity? Which one(s)? I got the MX+ and I can't get it to pair, so I'm not sure if the OBD2 port is always powered -- is it? Also, is there something like alfaobd app for Clarity which would give different reports on the battery condition? It doesn't look like alfaobd app support Honda Clarity at all.

3. I forgot to take a photo, but looks like some of the thermal isolation on the protective undercarriage pan (the one you take off to change oil/filter) is missing (maybe due to insects/rodents). Would that affect anything? Should I look to replace it asap?

Thanks!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

What D ring? The net I have (OEM thing) just loops over some little T clips. Nothing nearly so big as to be called a D ring.

4. petteyg359

Picture P_20200722_173830.jpeg

5. Stan-O

Stan-O Member

6. petteyg359

The upper portion is identical. See [​IMG] for a picture showing both.

Your link says they're included with the net, but they weren't with mine, nor are they listed in the parts on the installation manual for any model year. I can't find anywhere with an installation manual for the shelf/organizer part, so not sure there, but the place where the D-rings go is much further back than the shelf part, so I wouldn't think they're related to that either.

The D-ring installs in the vertical middle between the top and bottom T clip for the net, and seems to be farther forward on the left than the right (where it is between the air compressor cover and the back out of view in that picture).

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Regarding OBDII, @AnthonyW was following a very hopeful path with the ScanGauge people, but then ScanGauge's rep seemed to disappear.

Stan-O likes this.
  9. Stan-O

Stan-O Member

Right, so ideally I was hoping to install a cargo mesh mounting points (be it T-mounts or D-rings) somewhere between the edge of the rubber trunk protector shown on the picture above and the rest of the cargo area. To sort of separate two cargo areas, one protected by rubber cover and one not protected. Any advice for specific part numbers? Local dealer has nothing listed specifically for Clarity and isn't very helpful.

Also, how did you install those T-mounts?

PS. Fixed an issue with the OBD2 BT not connecting, that unit has a physical button to enter pairing mode and one of my trip-tracking apps (Dash) was auto-connecting and this preventing the "factory" app from connecting.

10. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

Glad you got the OBD2 working. Pretty much any low-cost ELM327 device can work. I have used this one:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PJPHEBO

I also have an Autel AP-200:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QD4GZW4

We have been trying (unsuccessfully) to gain access to the "Electric Powertrain" parameters that provide important HV battery information. I think the OBD devices can probably read these parameters, but nobody has cracked the code to query them yet.

The sole reason I bought the AP-200 is because their higher-end service tools can read the Electric Powertrain (specifically the MX808 or higher). These devices cost ~$400+ however. Autel seems to indicate that eventually an update will come along for the AP-200 to access this information, but I have had this for over a year so far. Only one update has come out, and it did not include what we need.

insightman likes this.
  11. Stan-O

Stan-O Member

Well, I'm glad I got the MX+, I've had some errors reported on dash from using free public chargers and I was able to get a P0D3D error code from the car.

It's a second time it happened over the course of 2 months. Supposedly, it needs to be fixed by Honda (https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10154940-0002.pdf) has anyone had it done? I'm concerned Honda Canada will not authorize the free fix on imported car. Is there a way for me to confirm various components software versions? Thru diagnostic menu maybe?

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

@Stan-O

I think all the service bulletins identified for the Clarity became factory installed at some point (mine is a 2018, manufactured Aug. 2018) and I think they were all preinstalled). 18-097 is a possible exception because as reported elsewhere in this forum, it was only being installed if you experienced a problem and "asked for it".

Good luck finding out what was installed... I walked into my dealer with the list of service bulletins and asked him to identify which ones were installed and when. All he could do was enter the VIN into his computer and report that my vehicle was "up to date". No detailed information whatsoever. I also do not believe that you can query this out of the vehicle.

Your problem does sound like 18-097 could address it. My suggestion is to go to the dealer with the SB in hand, tell him you have experienced charging issues and ask them to install 18-097. I don't know about the politics of Honda Canada vs. US, but it is worth asking for this known fix.

Stan-O likes this.