Cannot figure out autolock feature

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by JKroll, Feb 19, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. JKroll

JKroll Member

Is the autolock feature which locks car after you move the fob away after parking only work with one key?

Tried to use the second key ... it didnt work or somehow it messed something when I went to vehicle menu where it says driver door or all doors. I cant understand what is written in the user's manual.

I have never used the second key before so dont know if it was always like this.

The amount of options are mind boggling and yet i dont have a way to easily autolock the car.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Should work with either fob. Could be the fob needs a new battery. Alternatively, you can press the button on the door handle and the car will lock.

JustAnotherPoorDriver likes this.
  4. If memory serves, each key can programmed separately in your settings to use or not use that feature.

5. Allantheprinter

Allantheprinter New Member

I have the same recollection - when you program, it only works with the key that you use as you're programming. Also, note that there are three different functions - Walk-away autolock (what the O.P. wants), autolock, which locks the doors when, for example, your speed reaches 10 mph, and auto-unlock. It appears that the choice between drivers door and all doors is only part of the unlock menu. So, maybe OP is programming in the wrong menu.

6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Here's what I found in my PDF Owner's Manual. The way it's written, it sounds like only one fob can perform walk away auto lock, but I remember forum members saying they've activated it for both fobs.

upload_2023-2-19_23-36-58.png

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Dan Albrich

Dan Albrich Well-Known Member

There are some criteria to using the walk away auto lock feature, maybe some obvious, but maybe not the last one:
    - You have to turn the feature on in the menus (as others mentioned)
    - All FOBs (both) must be out of the vehicle for the walk away auto-lock to occur.
    - FOB cannot be in the trunk. And perhaps humorously, it won't let you shut the trunk with a FOB in it.
    - When the FOB/s move away from the vehicle, one hears a single "beep" confirmation when the doors lock. If instead you hear 3-beeps, it means your doors didn't lock. You can then manually press the lock button on the FOB. If this still yields 3-beeps it usually means someone left a FOB in the car, or you didn't turn the car off (not kidding. The car is so quiet, its easy to not know its "running").
    - Unlike some other cars, the buttons on Clarity door handles can only LOCK. They never unlock. So if one owned a car prior where the button was unlock, there's some habit changing that has to occur. One of my family members kept hitting the button to unlock, and thought the car was broken. Nope, the button can only lock, it never unlocks.
    - I do both the auto-unlock feature (grab inside of handle and pause for a second for unlock) and walk-away auto-lock. I find both useful. I don't use "autolock" i.e. by speed, but one might want that if you drive with younger children.

For walk away auto lock, I'd recommend brisk walk away (which is my normal anyway) and just listen for confirmation beep. Dawdling near the trigger distance doesn't appear to help.

-Dan

There's a nice video here:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
    Rajiv Vaidyanathan likes this.