Brake system error message

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by PeterT, Apr 13, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. PeterT

PeterT New Member

I have a 2020 SE with 13k miles that was just serviced 3 weeks ago. The service center did the battery cover recall, flushed the brake system and rotated the tires. Yesterday on a random basis I get the message: “Brake System Contin. driving possible”. Has anyone else seen this error message. The message goes away when the car is restarted but will pop up randomly but not every time we drive the car. Braking seems normal but I mostly use regen braking.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. JonR

JonR Well-Known Member

I bet you have low brake fluid.

4. PeterT

PeterT New Member

Thanks. I'll check it tomorrow.

5. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

I have a same messages on brake system and dealer reset and for a week was ok but than I have a X-mas lights on dashboard second visit to dealer they replaced brake sensor on a right rear with broken tinny wire and is ok now $185 later is a pic. IMG_1424.jpeg and part number if you handy you replace yourself saving at list$120 I argue with dealer warranty didn’t cover 2022 SE 10000 miles

Last edited: Apr 15, 2024
  6. PeterT

PeterT New Member

Thanks for the info.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Manny Fernandez

Manny Fernandez New Member

Anyone know how to reset so the light goes out? I have a Foxwell scanner but it did not give me the brake service reset.

9. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

If you need some answers be specific some members can help under warranty is a dealer a Foxwell could be no good for SE