BMW in the middle of a covert bailout? How many will it take?

Discussion in 'General' started by 101101, Jan 11, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

BMW is again telling the story that its SUV sales have somehow saved it from its car sales being cut in half. But if you look that story is based on its X3 sales more than doubling which itself wouldn't make up for the difference. But worse, much, much worse in the heart of the most competitive market in the world (California) you almost never, and I mean never see a X3 at least in Southern CA but based on the politics the X3 would be even more rare in Northern CA. BMW has been telling what appear to be black lies about its sales for a few years now. I have a feeling that the truth is the firm's revenues are down by more than half it is due to electric cars and specifically Tesla. BMW did replace its CEO but it replaced that CEO with someone that idiotically wanted nothing but dual or hybrid gas-electric production lines combo gas-electric not ground up electric platforms and said there always had to be a gas vehicle.

BMW got rid of its CEO last year over the worst results in a decade, but reality has to be that this year's results are are much worse. I suspect the German government is bailing out BMW behind he scenes, but it is not changing its tune. It reminds me of how Koch sponsored groups to try to say 17,000 windmills have been abandoned in the US when in reality they get idled so never again economically even remotely competitive natural gas can have another corporate welfare bailout or how Trump tried to say wind (implying green) wouldn't have the capacity to support economic growth when its known in every way especially capacity and price green is radically superior. These thieves, just keep lying and lying and then they don't even pay taxes or you have a tax evader & chief that says only stupid people pays taxes but then says he pays a lot of taxes. It may be closer to the truth that only tax evasion has floated him all along with an actual net negative worth and that he has been carried on a to big to fail no actual skin in the game type fraud behind the scenes. Well that would be representative wouldn't it? We keep seeing these "a Tesla crashed into a fire truck" paid aids passed off as news stories, well one would have to be a f-ing more on to believe those or publish them- looking at trash rag C&D in particular. We as the public should be able to see bribers (sponsors) behind the paid lying- should be required disclaimer along the way to becoming a penal code violation. Wouldn't be surprised to find it was BMW and the Kochs et al behind fire and truck and tesla crash FUD, also the insurance cons who subsidize endless fossil fuel loses with their unnecessary 'investments' and their con boards that interlock with fossil fuel con companies.

But if it is true that BMW is misstating its financial position by understating its revenue (note it didn't get drawn into its own diesel gate like it should have) even if it is is being bailed out behind the scenes by the government, shouldn't that information be better reflected in its share price? What would help is if BMW announced its was abandoning its gas production and then actually started showing CAPEX and factory re-purposing reflecting that. Then it would be easier to take seriously that the covert bailout won't simply be followed by a series of public bailouts as these recalcitrants try to pad their crash out on the public dime. Alternatively BMW could just merge with Daimler which has at least announced it is ending ICE development. Apparently BMW is already collaborating on a big project with its arch rival (as that rival surpasses it) Dailmler and that may be the hallmark of a government bailout in progress. Imagine GM and Ford collaborating- not happening even as both go extinct.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

BMW lobotomized themselves by letting the I3 team go. Others hired them away and it will take time and leadership to ever get back.

Bob Wilson

4. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

I see lots of X3's and X5's here in Florida..