Blue Link Clock Change

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Lars, Apr 28, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. My Blue Link clock of the app is running 5 hours behind Eastern Time. At 14.16 the app reports 09:16 - Korean time??

Can't find any way to set it. Annoying!

Any idea how to set it???

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Sorry I can't help you with the setting as I have not used Bluelink for some time; but from what I recall, 5 hours behind is "Standard Time" for this software to actually perform most changes/notifications:D

4. I can't fathom why can't the Blue Link app pick up the internet time from your phone? - eh or from your GPS location?

5. Not any more, they impoved on it. Now less then half on hour. :(

electriceddy likes this.
  6. Which time do you mean? The one in the middle of the homescreen that says "Last updated:"?
    If that's the one, it is NOT the current time, but the one when the app last got the car data.
    If you hit refresh, it should be fairly close to the current time (maybe a minute or so behind).

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. MSimpsonNJ

MSimpsonNJ Active Member

Not that it really matters because I disregard almost everything BL tells me because it is so frequently off base, but I find that most times the "last updated" is wrong. Typically if I refresh in the morning, say at 9:00 AM, the next time I log on it says "last updated 2:31 AM" or something similar that is way off. It's just a lousy app and I am at peace with that :)

9. The clock in the Vehicle Status pop-up is the problem.

10. It is my belief that when you first call up the vehicle status dialog it shows time and date of when it last updated status on it's own, which it seems to do somewhat at random. When I do a refresh in the dialog I get current status and correct date/time.

11. MSimpsonNJ

MSimpsonNJ Active Member

It's just goofy. I refreshed at 10:07 and it showed that correctly. At 10:08 I went back and it shows last updated 5 hours earlier. I'm sure it must have something to do with time zones and server locations or something like that, but c'mon. This isn't hard stuff to make work. Again though, I just don't expect it to work so I'm not disappointed....
    upload_2021-4-28_22-12-4.png upload_2021-4-28_22-12-31.png

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

BlueLink is horrible, IMHO.. Mine has a mind of its own as well ... On my PHONE APP for BlueLink, the CHARGING amounts regularly go back to 100% .. even though the car is set to 80% ...

14. Thanks for that. I was wondering.

And I assume we're talking about the Android app.

Mine seems to work OK.

But nothing would surprise me with Hyundai. I own a $19 wall clock with an internal calendar that adjusts to Daylight Savings Time twice a year, and a $46,000 GPS-equipped car that is too dumb for that. Although supposedly smart enough to steer you and your family down the highway.

Lars, BC-Doc, EVPower and 1 other person like this.