Apple Air Play (wireless)

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by BrokeBoater, Nov 17, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I got an adapter to provide wireless airplay instead of a tangle of wires. It works fine but not perfectly.
    It plugs into the same USB port that you plug a cable into to play music from your iPhone.

The major problem is that even when the car is turn off and I am in the house, my iPhone stays in driving mode. This only happens when I leave the wireless airplay devise plugged in when I turn off the car.
    Does that USB port stay on when the car is turned off? Is there an option I have missed in the entertainment system or on my iPhone

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Being interconnected to the multimedia/infotainment system, the USB data port will only be available for use when the car is in ready (or utility) mode.

4. thanks.
    I am wondering now if the blue tooth in my hearing aides is the issue. I don't always wear them, they are controlled by my iPhone, and the problem is intermittent.

5. The USB port gets power if your key is nearby or if a door is open, even if the rest of the infotainment system is turned off. This is so that the Wireless Charging pad will work for use with Digital Keys.

As far as I know, there isn't really a way to turn off the USB port key activation.

electriceddy likes this.
  6. That makes sense, thanks for the info:)

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Hmmm Interesting. I used to have the pad turned off in the settings. The problem started after I turn it on.