Anyone using Honda Hack?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Kyle’s Clarity, Feb 11, 2019.

1. I got Honda Hack up and running and really all I want out of it is the ability to watch Netflix (while parked obviously). It’s cool having a persistent browser (Chrome) too though. Unfortunately, the only thing that seems to not work is Netflix. Has anyone else had any experience with this? Tips? I’ve posted to the XDA Devs forum for the Honda Hack but thought I’d try here too as there are lots of informed users here. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

2. Bina12834

Bina12834 Member

Didn't even know this was a thing. I assume this is Android?

3. I’ve tried Honda Hack also with the specific desire to watch Netflix (while parked) and I also can’t get it working. I emailed the Dev and all he said was to try downloading an older APK for a version of Netflix that’s compatible with the head unit’s Android version. If you find a solution though please update here because I’d love to take another crack at it.

4. Tim66

Tim66 Active Member Subscriber

Any reports of someone bricking their information center with this hack?

5. Tim66

Tim66 Active Member Subscriber

OK, you tweaked my curiosity. Here's a video that is pretty informative about Honda Hack.

Tim

6. I’ve heard stories of people bricking their head units yeah. It’s not something for the faint of heart but it’s not terribly sketchy either if you follow the directions. I was able to get YouTube to work, it was kinda neat but I don’t really have any other use for the hack. I mean a persistent browser is alright I guess but even that’s not really that useful. I really just wanted to use Netflix but couldn’t get it to work.