All season alternative for the 16” Revolite wheel?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by polyphonic, Oct 2, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

Has anyone found a good all season alternative for the 16” revolite wheels? I’m running the stock Ventus Evo 3 summer tires.

Order of priorities is noise, traction, efficiency, cost.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I'm a big fan of MINI's Loop Spoke rims--I have 2 sets in addition to my Power Spokes.

upload_2021-10-2_13-14-40.png

BayFront likes this.
  4. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

Oh! I mean tires. Sorry if that was unclear.

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Oops. I never consider all-season tires--I want the best performance so it's Summer and Winter tires for me. However, I rarely use my top-performance option, the 17" Power Spoke wheels with their Hankooks, because I'm afraid of losing the yellow stripe to an undeserving curb.

polyphonic likes this.
  6. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I use the OEM-recommended Continental all-seasons as my summer (non-winter) tires on my Clubman, which are pretty decent. Not sure what the recommended tires for the SE would be, but I always check Tire Rack for comparison of tires.

polyphonic and insightman like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Carsten Haase

Carsten Haase Well-Known Member

I just ordered some BFGoodrich G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus tires, I'll let you know how they are when the are delivered in November (backordered wheels)

My order of priorities is different though: traction/handling, efficiency, cost, then noise last.

If you haven't looked at tire rack yet the "Tire Rack test results" are very useful to compare tires in the same category. Here's the test for a couple of ultra high performance all seasons.

polyphonic likes this.