2019 Clarity

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Wilson Penwell, Feb 23, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Wilson Penwell

Wilson Penwell New Member

Just picked my new 2019 Clarity. I read so much about them I had to buy one. No incentives here in Ontario Canada but a great car. The car did not come with green plates just because its not on the MOT list for green plates even though the 2018 is on the list, Hopefully that will change soon. I am still trying to get Hondalink to work, I get mileage and location but nothing else.Tried rebooting the head unit but no go. I guess I may have to unhook the battery unless anyone has a magic fix.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Richard_arch74

Richard_arch74 Active Member

By mileage, do you mean range or odometer? You should have, from top to bottom on your dashboard:
    Total Range (EV and HV)
    Battery (state of charge)
    Climate (pre-conditioning)
    Parking reminder
    Odometer
    Have you tried: signing out and then signing back in?
    Have you tried: at the bottom (where you see dashboard, vehicle, and support), pushing vehicle, find my car, and then locate vehicle? Locating vehicle should update the info on your app.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Inside EVs mobile app

4. ClarityMTL

ClarityMTL New Member

Congratulations on the new purchase! It's a real tragedy that the $14k Ontario incentive has been cancelled. There are 3 or 4 other Canadians (myself included) on this forum who acquired their 2019 this month. None of us can get the Honda Link app to activate properly (please see the thread: https://www.insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/hondalink-registration-frustration.1207/). I recommend you open a ticket using the support number in the app. Maybe the more of us who call the more serious they'll take it. Good luck!

5. Hey! Another person who’ll speak in units of measure I understand! I’m lucky enough to live in BC where the $5000 at the till rebate still applies. The provincial government actually just announced the 2019 budget in which they topped the program up so hopefully we start to see more of this wonderful car on the road here.

As far as HondaLink is concerned, you’re not alone. Mine’s been doing the same thing yours has been doing since I bought my car like 3 weeks ago. It’s been about 2 and a half weeks since I called it into Honda’s customer service and they’re still looking into it apparently. I’d say follow suit and call it in too. I’m guessing there’s a back end issue that’s affecting all our Claritys (Clarities?) in the same manner. Hopefully they get their act together soon!

Anyways, welcome to the club!

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

Wilson Penwell likes this.
  6. The Gadgeteer

The Gadgeteer Active Member

Any changes from 2018 to 2019?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Wilson Penwell

Wilson Penwell New Member

It does not appear to be any changes to the 2019 from 2018.

9. Vivien Watkinson

Vivien Watkinson New Member

I purchased a Clarity in June 2019. Was able to get the full incentives for Canadian Federal and BC - $10 000 total. Was searching here for charging info as all through the summer I could get over 90km now I am lucky to make 50. I mostly do local driving, but hoping to return to the 90s again in warmer weather. As far as I can see my Hondalink is working, unless I am missing something

10. HondaLink is buggy. It took me two months and a lot of time harassing Honda Techs to get it done.

Ask if they will send your problem to Engineering. That's what the last tech I dealt with said he was going to do and it started working 3 or 4 days later. I tried a few times a day as a test and that's how I found it worked. I never a word back from Honda.

11. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

In the US, HondaLink works over the ATT network, exclusively. I live in an ATT dead zone so no Hondalink for me! When I'm in an area with ATT coverage, though, the app works flawlessly, not that it does very much...

insightman likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.