2014-2017 Mercedes B200/250e anyone?

Discussion in 'Mercedes-Benz' started by Mark, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Mark

Mark New Member

Recently found what appear to several good deals on used B class Mercedes. Has anyone on the forum had experience?

2. Mike Kerns

Mike Kerns New Member

Purchased one last year on a 2 year lease.
    Get car, drives wonderfully, but the range is limiting is all.

3. MZ5

MZ5 New Member

I looked around and sat in a B-class yesterday afternoon. No time to go for a drive. Seemed like a typical entry-level German car to me:
    Plenty nice for what it is,
    Some interesting or clever items,
    Vinyl seats.

I’ve wondered whether their rather poor efficiency is due to them being a probably-highly-durable vehicle, or if it’s just that they use a cheap battery or motor or controller or something.

4. Mike Kerns

Mike Kerns New Member

As far as Mercedes go, I think these 250e's are pretty lux. The one the wife bought is full leather and so smooth and quite to drive. We are getting the Merc GLC Hybrid SUV this month so we can drive long distance.

5. gooki

gooki Member

It’s a Tesla battery and motor in the Mercedes B, so unlikely to be that. More likely poor efficiency due to unoptimised vehicle design.

6. MZ5

MZ5 New Member

With an electric, moving the vehicle is what takes nearly all the power. At low speed (city), aerodynamics play a super small part in fuel efficiency. Since this vehicle is pretty low efficiency both in town and on the highway, the powertrain is the primary suspect. Things like ultra-quiet motors are generally not as efficient as whiny or noisy ones. Smooth and quiet tires aren’t as efficient as loud, hard, roaring ones. Lower-cost batteries convert chemical energy less efficiently. I am curious as to where in these few areas of potential the actual inefficiencies lie.