Taking Pre-Orders in Canada

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by MCSqrd, Jul 6, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Wayne Warde

Wayne Warde Active Member

As I am waiting for the delivery of my car and I read though this forum I reflect on what I was told from the beginning. My dealer said that if I ordered one that I would have to wait until mid February and I am set to pick it up next week so that is great. He also said that the white, black and gray ones would be built first and the rest of the colors would come out later in the year . That was very very wrong as I have come to find out and am very annoyed about. But other than that timing wise they have been very accurate .I have been a little annoyed that the specs have not been too available but I must admit that it has been fun to dig this info out and learn way more about the car and doing the research has helped to pass the time. So other than the color thing I haven't got much of a *****.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Just talked to my dealer, my car is in the Toronto yard waiting for a carrier to London! The estimated date was originally Feb 2, he said they they have the earliest date possible as soon as Jan 30th.

4. To add to that, he also said they have three other orders that are getting filled right around the same time. They are definitely in Ontario now!

Brennan Raposo likes this.
  5. So cars, cars everywhere but not a drop (for me ) to drink. Super.

6. I've lost track of everybody's order dates. I'm curious to know if there's any correlation between early orders and early deliveries. Are those of you with cars or with (fairly) solid imminent delivery dates early July orders?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I ordered July 18

Wildeyed likes this.
  9. CJC

CJC Well-Known Member

July 10th order for Ceramic Blue and light interior. Nothing yet.

Wildeyed likes this.
  10. fiercely

fiercely Member

No word on preferred trim either..."magic8" says apr-aug :(

Wildeyed likes this.
  11. Wayne Warde

Wayne Warde Active Member

I ordered the beginning of November and was told that he thought that the delivery date would be February 6th I am due to pick it up on Tuesday or Wednesday. I ordered a white one with a dark interior .

Wildeyed and Shawn Schinkel like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Oilberta

Oilberta Member

Ordered August 9th, in Calgary. It now appears that I just made it into the 1st "batch" by the skin of my teeth. Yesterday, (25 Jan) my dealer gave me the VIN) and told me my Ceramic on Pebble Blue is on the ship. If that ship is the GLOVIS CHORUS (A Hyundai ro-ro vehicle line), it off-loaded in Vancouver yesterday. It's now heading for Portland OR today.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  14. d-b

d-b New Member

July 12, Ceramic Blue and black interior. Dealer said by end of January...

Wildeyed and Wayne Warde like this.
  15. 9677886A-5C71-4902-B49D-6B50D78E776B.jpeg
    I ordered July 6, blue with grey blue interior. Car came in the first day but they made a mistake and it had black interior. They were able to get me what I ordered (probably from a cancellation, and it will be in on Wed. Jan. 30. Not too bad. This pic is one I found in Langley BC.

Domenick, CJC and Wayne Warde like this.
  16. Canada Dan

Canada Dan Member

My dealer said about 60% of their orders were for the grey/blue interior, but all their orders were sent in as black interiors. Not impressed.

Wayne Warde likes this.
  17. Sent in? So did the dealership request the wrong specs of Hyundai or did Hyundai build/deliver the wrong specced cars? I hope this isn't widespread. Literally the white interior is a deal breaker for me. I've seen the photos and I love it even more now than before.

18. CJC

CJC Well-Known Member

Only 4 more sleeps until you get your car! Were you out celebrating Robbie Burns Day last night?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  19. Canada Dan

Canada Dan Member

Either the dealer or regional rep sent in the wrong specs, which I don't know why. I was told when I placed the original order in July that the $1000 was fully refundable to me, but that it committed the dealership to the vehicle. Maybe the dealership didn't want to be "stuck" with the lighter coloured interior? Or maybe it was just a mistake? I'm still trying to find out, and what they can do to compensate me. I didn't want to wait another 6 or more weeks so accepted the black interior. I took delivery this afternoon.

20. Congratulations on getting the car at least! I hope you enjoy it. I'd bet dollars to donuts that the dealer or rep didn't even know about interior choices when they were tasked with entering the orders into the system. Being educated above the product has not been a strong suit. That being said, I hope mine isn't caught up on some sort of interior snafu.

Wayne Warde and CJC like this.
  21. whos_ur_buddah

whos_ur_buddah New Member

Yay! I'm in Seattle. What is the process of importing the Kona EV into the States?

22. Thanks to everyone who chimed in with your order and delivery dates. It seems to me that there is no correlation between order dates and delivery. I also see none between colour choices and delivery. There seems to be a western-heavy pattern to early deliveries but some BC orders seem as late as eastern ones. in short I have no idea how Hyundai has orchestrated this process. I called my dealer twice this week asking them to update me on my car's delivery track. No response. Browsing Bolts again.

Shawn Schinkel likes this.
  23. EnerG

EnerG Active Member

I am not sure of your location but there may be a spare one at Jim Pattison in PoCo.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019