North Poll aka Canada ;): Clarity delivery ETA wait times

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Hobbesgsr, Apr 1, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

Canadian Clarity ETA

1. 2-3 weeks

13.6%
  2. 4 weeks

4.5%
  3. 6 weeks

4.5%
  4. 8 weeks

11.4%
  5. 12 weeks

18.2%
  6. 16 weeks

2.3%
  7. Dealer has no clue...Thanks Honda Canada!

45.5%
  1. MarkClarity

MarkClarity Active Member

I think production for the USA ended probably around a month ago as the VINs stopped incrementing at 12K (11997 largest) a few weeks ago. Just a question of how many they made for Canada. They are probably now switched to making them for the Japan launch then will keep building those for 3-4 months before switching to build the 2019 model for USA/CAN to be released in December.

cjp likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. evjb

evjb New Member

I just received a call from my sales guy (GTA dealership on RT line), got pushed to move up to a touring model and no guarantee I can get 14K rebate since I ordered a base back on March 9 and only had 2 colours to choose from White or Grey. However, the shipment is supposedly to arrive early June.

He told me all of Honda Canada would not have base models available this model year and my last chance to get a Clarity this year. Feel like pressure tactics, but based on all of your responses, seem somewhat consistent as well.

Sucks having to shell out 5K+ tax suddenly.

4. cjp

cjp New Member

Sorry to hear, but many thanks for your update. I feel like even if everyone has to upgrade to Touring, the 13k incentive will still make it worth it. Just my opinion.

5. cjp

cjp New Member

Nice
    Nice observation. Hope you're right!

6. iluvscuba

iluvscuba Active Member

Do we have a cause for class action suit (or file something at the competition bureau) in Canada especially Ontario. I could have bought a different EV/PHEV if I had know that Honda is not honoring the contract that I signed. Every one of us potentially could lose $14k or $13k if we have to order another at this late date.

BigAle likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Kranberry

Kranberry Member

Not sure if we have a case, but if there is one I'd join. It's not only potential loss in the $13/$14K, but hassle, stress, loss due to the fact that if we had gone with another EV/PHEV we could have had gas savings, etc. We all signed in good faith that we get one. But who knows what the lawyers will say. Also it will have a bigger impact if we get everyone who ordered but was shafted on board. Not sure if everyone in that situation would know about a class action.

9. BigAle

BigAle New Member

Well do we have a lawyer in our group or someone that has a lawyer family member that could answer this for free?

10. Mikep00

Mikep00 Active Member

It would be a simple small claims case. You would be worse off trying to do a class action instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

11. atr

atr New Member

For statistics. I ordered Base model (grey) on May, 2nd at Spinelli (Montreal). They promised delivery in 1.5, maximum 2 weeks and hurried me to decide and sign if I wanted the car delivered in that time frame. At that time I did not know about this thread and thought about the dealer to be "pushy".. Last week got a mail from the dealer with VIN (534) and confirmation that the car is “on train” and would arrive between May 16 and 22. On May, 22 got a call from dealer, he said the car had arrived and scheduled delivery for this Friday. I am yet to see it tomorrow still, but looks like I am somehow really lucky (looking at the waiting times for base model on this thread)...

Last edited: May 24, 2018
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Mikep00

Mikep00 Active Member

Rather than agreeing to the upsell, you should have agreed to the Touring as a substitute vehicle to what you ordered.

Competition Act allows them to substitute equal or higher valued item for what you ordered subject to your consent.

They may be willing to eat the extra cost to avoid you suing in small claims for your damages.

14. evjb

evjb New Member

Thanks Mikep00, but I've known the dealer for many years and have bought vehicles from him in the past. I honestly don't think he's out to force me to pay a higher price, but rather poor judgement on his part to think Honda had cars available for them to sell. I haven't heard of many base models being delivered from the forums, nor have I seen a non-touring in the wild.

Since I was informed over a phone call, I still have my bill of sale + deposit receipt on my original order. I'll see what the dealership can do to offer me more incentives and smooth things out.

Frankly, I put more of the blame on Honda Canada! If they can not deliver, they should have ceased sales like how Hyundai did when they ran out of batteries to build their cars.

15. Webstein

Webstein New Member

What are the odds we find eachother here!? I guess that is the benefit of being apart of the small Clarity community.

That is rotten what your dealer pulled on you though. It is misleading to say it is brand new when it was indeed a floor model (still looked great though). Unfortunately I never documentated the VIN number and didnt get any paperwork regarding the potential deal. We did take some pictures of the vehicle but they are on another phone.

I hope you are able to get something out of it.

16. Mikep00

Mikep00 Active Member

I agree most of the blame would be on Honda Canada. But you can’t sue them directly.

For ease you would file the small claim against the dealership and Honda Canada, and the dealership would need to cross claim against Honda canada.

Then they can argue who should be responsible for accepting an order for a product that wasn’t going to be made.

But realistically, there is little chance it would go to trial. They would just offer you a 2018 touring for the price of a base, or a 2019 for the same price less a reasonable discount for the extra time waiting and you would take the settlement.

17. CreacentMike

CreacentMike New Member

I just talked to my dealer and he told me the car would be in at the end of the month. Fingers crossed!

18. PAbram87

PAbram87 New Member

So my dealer told me that they're getting 1 more Clarity before production starts on the 2019. They do not know what trim, colour etc... it is yet. There is one person ahead of me at this dealer apparently so the odds aren't looking all that great that it'll be mine. Now I'm just debating if I walk away and go with another option or hold out until the 2019. My 2015 Volt has been nothing but problems and was really hoping to make the switch but haven't been overly impressed with everyone's experience with Honda to date.

Decisions...decisions....

19. Atul Thakkar

Atul Thakkar Active Member

I also have been given same impression today, when I called

20. Atul Thakkar

Atul Thakkar Active Member

Sorry, he said within one month max

21. prestoOne

prestoOne Member

All this talk about getting a Touring for the price of a base model does not sound realistic.
    What do the numbers look like from the dealers side?

22. MarkClarity

MarkClarity Active Member

Honda just delivered a new car (Touring 533) to Calgary. It can now sit on the lot next to their other one (Base 034) which they can't sell since it has been sitting there since the roll out in December!!!

23. BertBDJ

BertBDJ Member

I can't imagine that the car is actually sitting on the lot, i'd want photo evidence. Too many dealers are using existing demos as bait