XC40 Problems

Discussion in 'XC40 Recharge' started by John Lilly, May 31, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. John Lilly

John Lilly Member

The car’s going back to the dealer again.

2021Volvo XC40 Recharge Chronology @ 2025 miles

31Dec 2020-Took delivery
    5 May 2021-Right rear brake malfunction
    12 May-Car returned with malfunction fixed-right rear brake caliper removed/replaced
    19 May-Cruise control inop-cleared that day and has not recurred
    27 May-Heat pump failed-no cool air-reset that day; cameras would not work
    28 May-Heat pump failed-reset after 30 min. Outside air temperatures mid-80s. Cameras finally operating after spontaneous system reboot
    29-30 May-A/C works with lower ambient air temperatures. No other glitches for the time being

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Thanks for the information. Theses sound like annoying problems. Have they changed your opinion of the car or do you consider them first year teething problems?

4. John Lilly

John Lilly Member

So the story has a happy ending. The dealer took the problem car back and made a zero-balance trade for a new model on the lot. Dyer & Dyer Volvo in Atlanta made it right. I’m a happy camper now.

I think that software problems are “teething”; hardware problems maybe not.

All in all, I’m very happy with the car. It‘s perfect for my needs (or will be when they have the software complete.

5. Wow! That's a great result. I assume they gave you another XC40 Recharge. Is it the same color/trim?

6. John Lilly

John Lilly Member

They did. They let me choose from their stock on the lot and even offered to check inbounds for me. As it turned out, they had a Crystal White Metallic Recharge with the same options my Glacier Silver Metallic had and I took it. As it turns out, think I like the White better than the Silver, which looks much like Grey most of the time. Picked the Grey initially b/c it was the one they had!

All in all, a great outcome.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. miatadan

miatadan Active Member Subscriber

Great, they took care of you. Nice to see you had good outcome.

9. Hdtvkeith

Hdtvkeith New Member

I so wanted to buy mine form Dyer, but they did not have color I wanted, and dealers were not trading cars on P8s. Makes me wonder how a dealer did that so quickly, have to think Volvo was involved and knows about issues with these cars. Brake issues are cropping up, we already know the heat pump held the cars up. Mine is 2 weeks old and a few minor issues already. Starting to have serious regrets on getting it.