XC40 P8 Keys

Discussion in 'XC40 Recharge' started by John Lilly, Jun 4, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. John Lilly

John Lilly Member

I only got one black and one orange key fob with my car. The dealership said that’s all we get. Did anyone have a different experience?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Yes, early models absolutely came with 2 black and one orange key. Some dealers held back a key.

There is a rumor that later models came with only the two keys, but since you need 3 to pair with VOC I find that questionable.

4. Hdtvkeith

Hdtvkeith New Member

Volvo is full of BS on the keys. Looks like all the cars wither shipped or were programmed with 3 keys. When you try and pair top Volvo on call it wants all the keys in the car and it you only have 2 it will fail saying you need all 3 keys. Oh so you go and buy a third key and get it programmed by dealer and try again, now it says it needs all 4 keys. Volvo will give you all these excuses, but they have no idea what is going on. If you scream loud enough about having only 2 keys they will comp you the third key, just get your dealer to delete the missing key from the car.

5. John Kim

John Kim Member

You are suppose to get 3 keys, 2 black keys, and 1 orange key which it is valet key. And also, when you load Volvo app, you need all 3 keys.

6. John Lilly

John Lilly Member

Hdtvkeith is right, and that’s what happened with me. Was supposed to get 3 keys and only got 2, bought a sports key (smaller) so now had 3, but app wanted 4 then. Had to get the dealership to delete all of them and add them back in, then app worked. Way too much BS and not enough knowledge of what needed to happen. New model woes, I guess.

Still very happy with the car in spite of not-baked software issues.

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs

7. To remove this ad click here.