XC40 EV rumors, or lack there of...

Discussion in 'XC40 Recharge' started by siromega, Dec 10, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. siromega

siromega New Member

I'm kind of surprised that there aren't a lot of XC 40 EV rumors posted. Last I heard the car was supposed to debut in 2019 or 2020.

I'm really looking forward to this - the XC 40 is a hot selling vehicle, and I'd imagine the EV version would also get a ton of attention as long as it wasn't simply a compliance car (that is, if it has 200+ mile range and sells outside of CA).

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

There are lots of plug-in EV models from lots of auto makers which are supposed to debut in 2020, so I don't find it that much of a surprise that one from Volvo has been ignored. Volvo hasn't exactly been at the leading edge of the EV revolution, or anywhere close to it.

And not to argue with you about the definition of "compliance car" -- there is pretty clearly a lack of agreement among EV advocates about what exactly that term means. But there are something like 14 CARB-compliant States, and quite a few compliance cars are sold outside California. Now, if the XC 40 EV is sold outside the CARB States... then that will be worthy of notice!

Good luck to you in getting the plug-in EV that you really want, whether it's the XC 40 EV or turns out to be something else.
    :)