What's the VW ID. 4 AWD 0-60?

Discussion in 'ID.4' started by polyphonic, Mar 8, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

Have they released any info? Coming from other electrics I would love something at least in the 5 second range.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Tony S

Tony S Active Member

No official data from VW. But this video, around 21:20, claims AWD 0-60 in around 5.8 sec. who knows!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    polyphonic likes this.
  4. I haven't heard anything public, yet? I'm asking a couple guys who've driven the RWD in case they heard something. I'll let you know if I hear back.
    The AWD Pro will have 302 hp instead of 200hp, so it will definitely be better. There's rumors the Kia EV6 will have a 3-second 0 to 60, but I haven't tracked down the exact source to verify from myself. It should be pretty quick, though.

I think 5.8 seconds sounds like a pretty specific number, so it's possible this guy may have heard something.

Tony S likes this.
  5. Ok, just heard back from one person who said they were told about a second quicker than RWD. Hoping it's at least low 6's, though.

polyphonic and Tony S like this.
  6. Tony S

Tony S Active Member

The Audi Q4 has the same motor / battery as the AWD ID.4 (302 hp). I saw a video on German media channel indicating a 0-62 in 6.3 seconds. Don’t know if they’ll re-tune motors for different acceleration, but the Q4 will be heavier than the ID.4.

Domenick likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Oh, that's promising. I finally got an ID. 4 test drive in. RWD, of course. Thought it was punchy enough from a stop but could use some extra oomph over 35 mph. My own EV is about 7.3 seconds to 60 mph, but is super quick up to 45 mph.