What happened to Bob Lutz

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by bwilson4web, Jun 14, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Source: https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/a28008116/tesla-model-3-build-quality-bob-lutz/

Tesla Model 3s are a rare sight in Michigan, since our laws don't permit factory-owned dealers. But the strongly motivated Tesla fan can procure the car in neighboring states. When I spied a metallic-red Model 3 in an Ann Arbor parking lot, I felt compelled to check it out. I was eager to see the oft-reported sloppy assembly work, the poor-fitting doors, blotchy paint, and other manifestations of Tesla CEO Elon Musk's "production hell" with my own eyes.

But, when next to the car, I was stunned. Not only was the paint without any discernible flaw, but the various panels formed a body of precision that was beyond reproach. Gaps from hood to fenders, doors to frame, and all the others appeared to be perfectly even, equal side-to-side, and completely parallel. Gaps of 3.5 to 4.5mm are considered word-class. This Model 3 measured up.
    . . .

Bob Wilson

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. interestedinEV

interestedinEV Well-Known Member

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! The person who could not say one nice thing about Tesla has passed Tesla on the "gap" metric criteria. May be this is way of hedging, and that over a period time he will become am evangelist for Tesla, but realizes that if he did it in one shot, it will be considered as opportunistic and lacking in credibility. Give me a break. Bob Lutz could not get his calipers over a Tesla till today.

His Via Motors venture is in shambles, GM is still a distant competitor to Tesla, his statements on Tesla on the death bed continue to be unproven. So how is best to become a changeling? Use your calipers.

4. Small but symbolic victory:
    https://electrek.co/2020/06/14/tesla-delivery-big-3s-backyard-battle/

mho likes this.