Weird Alert When Starting Car

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by dlaker24, Jun 4, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. dlaker24

dlaker24 New Member

I have this weird chirping/siren alert when turning on my car after a few seconds. Anyone have any idea what this could be?

I know its not the sound when you exit the car and the car beeps because of the auto-walk away lock feature.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. The Gadgeteer

The Gadgeteer Active Member

Very strange. Does this happen every time? Try turning off the audio system before shutting down then start the car to remove the possibility of any origin from the sound system or connected phone. In fact first smash your phone then throw it into a lake 5+ miles away just to be sure it is not causing interference.

4. dlaker24

dlaker24 New Member

It doesn't happen all the time and no its not the phone

5. fotomoto

fotomoto Active Member

Did your dealer put it one of their cheap but overpriced aftermarket car alarms? Does it only happen when the car is moving?

6. dlaker24

dlaker24 New Member

No the car is not moving and the dealer didn't install any alarm its all factory base.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. ClarityBill

ClarityBill Active Member

Just what do you think you're doing, Dave? Dave, I really think I'm entitled to an answer to that question.

Texas22Step and 4sallypat like this.
  9. fotomoto

fotomoto Active Member

Phone plugged in? Widget, apps installed on the car?

10. dlaker24

dlaker24 New Member

the phone isnt plugged in, no bluetooth enabled

11. The Gadgeteer

Bizarre. Was the car parked over an ancient burial ground or have you otherwise angered the spirit world?

It did sound like the was some other sounds going on in the background. Best to turn everything else off to eliminate them as a possible source. How often does it happen? How long has it been happening?

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. dlaker24

dlaker24 New Member

So two cars, my friend's Honda Clarity happens everytime. My car happens once in a while at least once a day. Its been happening since i got the car in April.

14. Mud Killer

Mud Killer New Member

USA
    I've been meaning to record this from my car too. This happens to me nearly every time. I don't think it was happening when i first got the car...

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    Domenick likes this.
  15. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

I get that sound when I do something the car’s nanny program thinks is ill advised, such as opening the door while in Drive or Reverse to reach down and get the paper off the driveway.

Texas22Step and 4sallypat like this.
  16. Atkinson

Atkinson Active Member

Made my day!

Texas22Step likes this.
  17. Danks

Danks Active Member

It sounds like a door is opening or closing just before the alert. Are you starting the car before closing the door or opening the door after starting it?

18. The Gadgeteer

Perhaps one of the doors is misaligned just enough to cause this. Any of the door harder to close than the others?

19. dlaker24

dlaker24 New Member

Both doors are closed tight and the sound with the door open is different

20. 4sallypat

4sallypat Active Member

HAL 9000:
    "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"
    "Dave, I am sorry but this conversation can serve no purpose anymore - goodbye"

Texas22Step likes this.
  21. Mark W

Mark W Active Member

CT
    Interesting. I've never heard this sound.

22. Rajiv Vaidyanathan

Rajiv Vaidyanathan Active Member

Neither have I. I've had the Clarity for a year and a half and am at 19,000 miles.

23. AlanSqB

AlanSqB Active Member

Never heard it in over a year of ownership. Ugh is this something that’s going to happen when I get the software updates installed? If so I’m not going to be very happy. That sound would give me a migraine.