Weathertech all weather mats 2019 vs 2020

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by dndrich, Jan 15, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. KonaEVPals:

I just got my USA 2020 Kona EV SEL in Sonic Silver. Super nice car. But I am messy, so we ordered the Weathertech all weather liner mats for the car. Now, I have the 2020, but the 2020 EV does not yet appear on their website. So, I ordered the 2019 mats. They don't come close to fitting. I suspect they sent me the regular Kona mats by mistake, but can anybody confirm that the floor well is the same in both the 2019 and 2020 car?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I can't say definitively. But based on my understanding of the changes for 2020, I would assume they should be the same. Unless the battery warmer, which is something new for 2020, somehow required a reconfiguration of the floor well (which I doubt).

BTW - I have a 2019 Ultimate in Sonic Silver with the Weathertech all weather liner mats, and they fit perfectly.

4. I have the Tuxmats designed for the 2019 electric and they fit perfectly fine in my 2020. There is no change in floor layout between the 2 models years, as you have indicated they likely sent you the wrong mats.

5. OK, that is good to know. I have a call in to them.

6. OK, called 'em and they had sent the wrong ones. So, I will exchange and once I have them, post here.

Mattsburgh likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Ev050

Ev050 New Member

I also bought the Tuxmats! So much nicer than the weather tech without the industrial look, they fit really nice in my 2019!

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

9. Sorry my must have dementia kicked in, I actually bought the 3d Maxpider mats, they are pretty good as well.