UVO

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by David Dutton, Mar 4, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. What a terrible app. To start the climate I need to log in each time, yes I set it to remember for 14 days but doesn't make any difference. Then sending command to car is a 50/50 success. Anyone else have better results. Definitely not paying for it when trial runs out.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. CR EV

CR EV Active Member

yep, the iffy nature of connection seems baked in...has not gotten any better in the 18 months that I've had the Kia. I did not subscribe at the end of my trial either.

4. rampart51

rampart51 New Member

I found the app really sucks. It is always telling me my doors are unlocked and I can rarely get the correct status of the car. I found by logging in thru my laptop the information is more accurate but it also has issues getting the current status of the car. As of now, I won't pay when my year is up.

5. If you are in the US, can't you use the Kia Access app? I never have issues with false status.

Of course if you park somewhere where the radio has no reception, then of course no status.

Greg

6. DamnIHateThat

DamnIHateThat Member

Mine does this as well. Every time I park without locking the doors, I get SEVERAL alerts throughout the day that my doors are unlocked. I've tried turning off every alert setting in the app and still I get these.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. rampart51

rampart51 New Member

I am in the U.S. and cell phone service where I live is just ok....nothing great. Could be the reason the APP has issues I guess.

9. still the question, are you using the app called UVO (as the thread title) or the Kia Access app?

10. rampart51

rampart51 New Member

Using an Android phone, this is the official name of the APP:

Kia Access with UVO link

11. Wayne C

Wayne C New Member

Have you tried.
    Phone -settings
    Apps & notification- UVO Intelligence
    Notifications- off
    This is for Android phones.
    HTH

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Just to let you know, I used to get those alerts, that is because my doors WERE INDEED unlocked.... it's real easy to have that button triggered with keys in your pocket. I did the keyboard mod, and then added a cover, that stopped the issue.

Greg

14. DamnIHateThat

DamnIHateThat Member

For some reason I missed this until today. I would prefer not to do it this way because there are some alerts that I'd like to receive, but I think this will turn off all alerts.