Union?

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by bwilson4web, Sep 10, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/sep/10/tesla-workers-union-elon-musk

For two years Dezzimond Vaughn was a well-regarded worker at the Tesla factory in Lathrop, California. Then he became involved in trying to organize a union and suddenly his job was on the line.

“They started changing rules without any remorse,” Vaughn, a 31-year-old former Tesla computer-numeric-controlled (CNC) heavy machinery operator, told the Guardian. He cited a strict attendance policy Tesla implemented and backdated that deducted points from employees every time they clocked in late or were absent. “We started talking about forming a union, because they wouldn’t be able to do the things they’re doing, and they somehow found out I was having meetings at my house.”

Vaughn claims management began to try to push him out of employment once they found out he was helping to lead unionization efforts. “Throughout my last year, we kept bumping heads. I never stopped working, they never had a problem with me as far as the work, but I had a lot of complaints about me. My supervisor said they were trying to fire me.”

This may be the last opportunity for the shorts ... unionization and organizing a future strike. So far, there is 'smoke' but nothing more or less what other manufactures have done in the past. With friends like this ...

Bob Wilson

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  2. To remove this ad click here.