Tire pressure alarm

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by JulianClarity, Feb 19, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. JulianClarity

JulianClarity Active Member

I have just deflated all tires from 38 to 33psi, it showed up when I am half way driving to work. It took me a while to learn the tire kit and made sure it was a false alarm don't know what is going to happen on my way back, I am going to take it to the dealer.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Groves Cooke

Groves Cooke Active Member

And the problem is?? As has been discussed elsewhere on this forum, the Clarity TPMS is probably not going to show a problem if all tires are the same. This TPMS system only shows an problem if one tire is rotating slower than the others because of a difference in pressure.

ClarityDoc and Daniel M W like this.
  4. izudin

izudin Member

MA
    And why would you deflate the tires to 33psi?

5. JulianClarity

That I wouldn't have a chance to know. When I arrived in the office, I did not have the gauge with me. I did not read the FK manual before trying to inflate with the kit, I think I might further deflated the tire. Later I got a gauge from my coworker, and the read was 31.5. I will find out later when I get home, hope it was like what you sad, otherwise I will definitely call the dealer.
    Thanks a lot!

6. JulianClarity

Because the high pressure might lower the mpg while it causes uneven wear on my tires.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. izudin

izudin Member

MA
    I was just wondering why a pressure 3psi lower than recommended is better than 2psi over the recommended value.

9. craze1cars

craze1cars Well-Known Member

Set tire pressure manually with a good gauge manually, all 4 tires. Then start the calibration sequence and make sure you drive it a good 30 miles or so at speeds between 30 and 60 mph after you start the calibration.

This is all your dealer is going to do, and the process is explained in the owners manual. No benefit to a dealer visit unless you really don’t want to adjust your own tire pressures.

Manual also says you need to check pressure manually, once a month.

10. Why would you assume that?

11. JulianClarity

Huh, what a fool I am! I just couldn't read the fk manual! Thank you, I am going to pump them up tomorrow morning!

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. JulianClarity

I am home, the driver side tire I pumped showed 35psi, two others are 34.5, the rear right one is 33.5, what? Weird.

14. Groves Cooke

Groves Cooke Active Member

Get one of these and quit worrying about a 1 psi difference.

e-Cigarette-CL-203/dp/B01LA90R6Q/ref=sr_1_6?crid=3C9S6XC8WSPZE&keywords=tpms&qid=1550680278&s=automotive&sprefix=tpms%2Cautomotive%2C220&sr=1-6

15. JulianClarity

Thank you! I found some cheap ones on eBay, will buy for both my cars when they have 15% off again, :)

16. JulianClarity

Today I am driving my clarity again, set tire pressure to 36.5 and re-calibrated the TPMS.