Tesla phone APP entry failing again today?

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by David Green, Sep 2, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. David Green

David Green Well-Known Member

Wow, I just saw this tweet on twitter, didn't this happen last year? too bad Elon and the gang are at Burning Man, no time to go fix the issue... So with the Tesla entry system you need to carry 2 devices just in case one is down which seems to happen at least once a year?

#Tesla customers locked out of our cars...unknown error. Customer service says they don't know root cause and are all hands on deck to resolve. People stranded all over the country. Key card and fob work so if you have that with you, you are in luck. Call center is blowing up.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Occasionally, less than once a month, I walk to the car without the cell phone or App running. Rather than login, I just hold my wallet against the B pillar and keep going. Cell phone failure modes:
    • power - too long away from a charger or high-rate apps
    • airport mode - turns off all wireless
    • locked screen or turned the bloody thing OFF
    Bob Wilson

4. David Green

Wow, so many things to carry and think about, and you think this is the future tech? I will just keep my old key FOB in my pocket and know it works 99.99999% of the time, and never leaves my pocket.

Sounds like tesla had a system wide outage, lost of people stranded, does that happen to VW, GM, Ford? Nope... And it happened to Tesla twice in one year...

KENNY likes this.
  5. bwilson4web

It is hard to make phone calls with a key FOB.
    The cell phone based, key function uses bluetooth between the car and iPhone, no network. There is a cell-based link on the car for more advanced functions like battery level, enabling climate control, and other control functions. With an abundance of caution, the RFID card is with my wallet business cards and works fine inside my kevlar wallet.

Bob Wilson

6. bwilson4web

Actually Elon was in China getting a waiver for the 10% sales tax:
    [​IMG]
    Sounds like a good use of his time.

Bob Wilson

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. David Green

Elon's jet was outside of Burning Man from Saturday to Monday, so dream on Bob, that file photo was from last week.

9. bwilson4web

Good on him or whoever was on his jet. Meanwhile, the 10% waiver on Chinese sales tax is a good thing regardless.

Bob Wilson

10. bwilson4web

FYI, Burning Man schedule:

Aug 25, 2019 – Sep 3, 2019 -> 9 days​

Bob Wilson