Tesla model 'S' recall!!!

Discussion in 'Model S' started by silversod, Jan 18, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. GoGreen likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

Exercising my Google-fu, I see Tesla has been doing voluntary recalls to replace Takata airbags, in phases. I guess this is the latest phase of that.

Seems to be old news.

4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Who is "rt.com"?

RT America is an American pay television channel based in Washington, D.C., and part of the RT network, a global multilingual television news network based in Moscow, Russia, and funded by the Russian government.

Bob Wilson

5. Pushmi-Pullyu

Yeah. From Wikipedia:

RT (formerly Russia Today) is a Russian international television network funded by the Russian government.
    ...and also...

Cliff Kincaid, the director of Accuracy in Media's Center for Investigative Journalism, called RT "the well-known disinformation outlet for Russian propaganda".
    I wouldn't claim that RT runs nothing but Russian propaganda, but it certainly doesn't qualify as a "free press", and certainly some of their content is outright propaganda from the Kremlin. With Russia's economy so dependent on selling fossil fuels, it's hardly a surprise that RT has a distinct anti-EV bias.

6. Yes RT (Russia today) No worse than Fox,CNN, BBC etc. I collect my news from multiple sources to get a whole picture from both sides of the story/argument etc.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

• RT - no way, Putin propaganda
    • Fox - no way, propaganda
    • Wall Street Journal - no way, propaganda
    • New York Times - unreliable coverage
    • CNN - works but not a primary source as too often superficial
    • BBC - works but often gets wonky
    • Reuters - a favorite source with good speed and depth
    • Guardian - a favorite source with good speed and depth
    • Christian Science Monitor - late but more detailed reporting
    • subject matter forums - a favorite source
    Bob Wilson

9. Pushmi-Pullyu

I certainly can't at all agree that all TV news sources are of equal quality. BBC news stands out for sticking to the facts, and not letting editorializing intrude on their reporting.

Also, PBS News Hour tries very hard to present balanced reporting, eschewing "infotainment", altho they rely heavily on spokesmen and news analysts, so there is a lot of bias in various directions by guests who appear on their newscasts. Their anchors do appear to try very hard to avoid bias.

And altho CNN is certainly guilty of some amount of infotainment, and I've noticed a distinct editorial bias by Wolf Blitzer if not some of their other anchors, CNN is very far from a "fake news" source the way Fox News is. Tarring CNN with the same brush as Fox is rather far from reality.

Louis Nisenbaum and bwilson4web like this.