Tesla drivers also ICE

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by Gabriel Teixeira, Dec 31, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. Gabriel Teixeira

Gabriel Teixeira New Member

https://imgur.com/a/QYABGWi

Took this picture next door from the Tesla delivery center. Only the red Volt in the image (mine) is charging, the other 4 Teslas just parking blocking the charging spots. I understand that people here are not bad meaned, they just thought it was fine to park there because they have an electric car, however they are supposed to be charging there and not block the station preventing the employees of the company next door to charge their cars.

I had a friendly conversation in the check-in boot to tell them to orient their costumers to not park in the company charging stations because sometimes people need to charge and we can't find a charging station or even a parking spot in the regular parking (today we are off, so not big deal here). I also understand that they are in a rush today for the last day of full tax credit deliveries (and yes, they are at full steam today), so I didn't make a big deal, just let them know.

bwilson4web likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

Hey Gabriel! Welcome to the forum. :)

Just FYI, you can post pictures here, using the "Image" icon in the toolbar at the top of the post when you're composing it. Like this:

[​IMG]

Yeah, it is a bad situation when people who drive EVs treat EV charging stalls like reserved parking spaces. :(

Technology advances faster than our culture can adapt to it. Hopefully it won't be long before the idea that charging stalls should be reserved for charging will become part of our culture, part of our "social contract".

4. TeslaInvestors

TeslaInvestors Active Member

Yeah, I have seen that at SFO airport. Teslas parked in the closest EV charging space but not plugged in (Chargepoint; have to pay). It's a bad idea to locate the EV parking spaces close to entrances.

There are so many issues with on-the-go EV charging, I don't want to open that can of worms.

5. DSnow

DSnow New Member

Parking in a charging spot (without charging) whether EV or ICE vehicle is the same as parking at a gas pump when not getting fuel. That’s what everyone needs to realize. You just shouldn’t do it. Park in a parking space, charge in a charging space.

DC1 likes this.