Tesla Battery Day

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by Pushmi-Pullyu, Sep 21, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

:D:D:D

I am already tired of the hype surrounding this event.

4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

In a half asleep state, I imagined a next generation battery pack with the biscot cells:
    • cells are laid on their side with the center axis aligned going front to back
    • two layers of offset cells insures maximum pack density
    • between cells is an inflammable material that ablates at high temperatures and is non-poisonous
    • between the cell axis is a 'heat pipe' plate that connects the cells laterally and end-to-end
    • each heat pipe plate has a coolant pipe to carry away excess or add heat as needed
    • between the cell ends is a ductile, conductive current carrier
    • non-conductive, tensile rods compress the cells into conductive strings
    • optional - a power MOSFET in every "n" (2-5) heat pipe plates can open the string circuit without striking an arc
    This approach minimizes 90 degree current changes to just the ends. Two layer stacking maximizes the energy density. Heat transfer passes through the ends of the cells via the metal electrodes, not laterally through the separators. The heat pipe plates can carry an amazing amount of BTUs to where it can do some good or at least no harm.

Bob Wilson

5. InsideEVs will be hosting its own Tesla Battery Day livestream starting at 4:30. Come join us and talk here about what happens.

6. SouthernDude

SouthernDude Active Member

lol. The livestream audio.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

I will get the Cliff's Notes version tomorrow.

9. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

Presumably you meant "non-flammable", rather than "inflammable".

(One of the oddities of English is that "flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same thing!)
    o_O

bwilson4web likes this.