Stockholder meeting, June 11

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by bwilson4web, Jun 9, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Happily, the full playback is available at: https://www.tesla.com/shareholdermeeting

I appreciate the effort of those who try to add value to the Tesla program. Just the original often has more facts and data that the 'talking heads' may not value.

Bob Wilson

4. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

Disappointing that Tesla said their constraint on battery cell supply will continue to the end of the year. :(

Glad to see Elon has come to his senses -- or at least, closer to facing reality -- about "Full Self Driving". During the FSD presentation earlier this year, Elon claimed that "feature complete" on FSD meant you could safely fall asleep and let the car take you to your destination. I was pretty sure that was being wildly over-optimistic. Now he's saying that altho Tesla will pronounce the FSD suite "feature complete" by the end of the year, the driver will still need to monitor the operation of the car. That means at best, Autopilot will be at Level 3 autonomy, according to the SAE standards. "You can safely fall asleep and the car will take you to your destination" would be Level 4.

I haven't watched the video, but from comments I've read about it, Elon also admitted -- regarding the "Summon" automatic parking feature -- that navigating parking lots turned out to be more complex than he realized. Slowly, the reality of just how big a challenge true driving autonomy will be creeps into Elon's mind!

And to be fair, I once claimed that all self-driving cars needed to do was avoid collisions and obey "the rules of the road". Turns out it's a far bigger and more complex challenge than that!