Small issues/quirks

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Brennan Raposo, Mar 10, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Brennan Raposo

Brennan Raposo Well-Known Member

Hey guys,
    Just wanted a place where we can discuss small issues/quirks found with the vehicle - nothing overtly major as those would likely require their own thread.

I’ll start off! Now that the weathers getting a bit warmer here in Ontario, I had a chance to clean some of the salt and crap out of the car. While vacuuming the rear, I noticed that my rear seats move in a way that I would describe as “bouncy”. The edges closest to the door are not affixed to the ground, you can pull them up quite easily and they just kind of bounce there. I’ve never seen this on any other bench style rear seat. Can anyone else speak to this or did they just forget to bolt my rear seats in property? Lol

Domenick and Wildeyed like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MelCdn

MelCdn New Member

I noticed they lift up a little when I was installing the tuxmats in the back. Which was actually quite helpful in that context.

Brennan Raposo likes this.
  4. Brennan Raposo

Yea! That’s exactly what I’m talking about. It seems like it’s missing something that locks it in place. I understand there’s a second “layer” of batteries under the rear seats. Perhaps that’s how they need to access It if service is required. Seems a little flimsy to me as you can visually see the rear edges bouncing around slightly.

5. zoominbc

zoominbc Active Member

Two small software irritations, The nav screen that wants you to confirm you are not going to be an idiot (it does go away on its own if you don't confirm) and the EV screen that comes up with a message that this screen requires the power button to be pressed when you have just pressed it to turn the power off (just clumsy programming).

6. Brennan Raposo

Yea I noticed that too. A small quirk for me which is just sheer laziness on Hyundai’s part is any of the screens that show an image of a vehicle - it seems to be a Santa Fe. Would it really be any MORE expensive to add a little Kona? Lol

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. CJC

CJC Well-Known Member

How does my Charge Point app for the car know that I have dogs? I have never selected an icon for the app yet this app shows up and has been selected for me on my profile page on the app.
    Screenshot_20190309-173036_ChargePoint.jpg Screenshot_20190309-173036_ChargePoint.jpg

Esprit1st and Brennan Raposo like this.
  9. SkookumPete

SkookumPete Well-Known Member

One of the menus on the little info display contains a compass and nothing else. I wish they would add a clock to the choices, as an alternative to the screensaver, so the big screen could be turned off completely.

Otherwise the car is perfect. I have to believe that, after spending my child's inheritance on it. ;-)

Melly, karma, Mattsburgh and 3 others like this.
  10. I will second that NAV message.
    Other two things.
    1. I was driving today in snow conditions and the radar for forward collision was always blocked ( today might be a good day to have that working)
    2 No light in the glove compartment, I took this as granted since I've been driving VW for a while

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. The dimpled front end is going to cost me at least an extra hour to Wax/detail ( typically 4 times a year)
    The seagulls love the blue :(

mho and Brennan Raposo like this.
  14. SkookumPete

SkookumPete Well-Known Member

Count your blessings. I live at an apiary and have an eagles' nest in my back yard. The bees evacuate as they fly over, leaving myriad yellow streaks, and the eagles' favourite toilet tree is right above my parking spot. Then there's the sap…

15. :D

16. GL Ontario

GL Ontario Member

Has anyone tested their horn. I had a passenger today that was curious what the horn sounded like. I had not thought to try it since getting the car. I was surprised to find out that my horn does not work. No sound at all!

ehatch likes this.
  17. CJC

CJC Well-Known Member

My horn is fine --just a little on the quiet side.

Boston Charger likes this.
  18. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

IMHO it's *too* quiet. I guess that helps prevent a number of a**hole drivers from being annoying and honking loudly all the time, but when I really want to use the horn to tell that semi in the adjacent lane "please for the love of {insert-deity-here} stop attempting to merge on top of me I don't want to die", I really want a loud horn. The Clarity's is dangerously quiet, or my hearing in that Hz range is bad, in which case it's still dangerously quiet because other humans may be similarly deaf.

ehatch, Boston Charger and Mattsburgh like this.
  19. Let us know how getting that fixed goes. The horn is an important piece of safety equipment.

robxb and Brennan Raposo like this.
  20. Brennan Raposo

If you hold the power button - the entire screen becomes a clock!

Kitsilano likes this.
  21. Brennan Raposo

Oh wow! That’s a safety hazard! They need to resolve this immediately.

Boston Charger likes this.
  22. CJC

CJC Well-Known Member

I tried the power button for the av screen and it doesn't do that for me. Take a picture please. Or is there another step?

23. Brennan Raposo

So I actually discovered it by accident when trying to fix an Apple Car Play issue. I pressed the power button to initially turn the screen off. It’ll then say “AV OFF” along the top. I then pressed and held the power button for a few seconds. That’s when the clock displayed. Let me know!