Second Date ?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Miniev1, Sep 19, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Miniev1

Miniev1 New Member

Whadya think ?
    I was just handed the key for the most part when I picked it up.
    Thanks heavens I had watched all those you tube videos in advance.
    Hate to make the long trip if the support staff is still getting acquainted with the vehicle themselves. ( Understandably so ).
    I'm think I'd learn more at this stage from this forum and you tube.
    Told them I'll hold off for now.
    Anybody here attend ?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I went to mine, because I like any excuse to go to my MINI dealer. 35 mile trip one way, but I drive at least that every day.

I got a car wash, asked about winter tires (no official recommendation yet), and asked a few technical questions where I got some answers. Best one was about Apple CarPlay in full screen and was told MINI doesn't allow it. We agreed that was dumb. And oh yeah, I had to get a new temporary tag since I still don't have my plates.

"I was prepared to fill your gas tank" upon arrival, surprise! But then I didn't even get any charging because I had something else to attend by the time the wash was done.

My opinion is it's a good reason to take the SE for a drive, but if you don't have any questions or issues I'm not sure there's a lot of value. It's mostly about building relationship between customer and dealer, I believe.

4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

My second date would be with a dealer I've never been to before because my dealer closed. So my "second date" would be more like a first date. I would be surprised if I haven't learned more from this forum than the MINI dealer's staff can tell me.

I expect something like "And if you need to light a cigarette at a tail-gate party when tail-gate parties start happening again, there is a 12-Volt cigarette-lighter-style outlet back here on the right side of the boot."

5. Miniev1

Miniev1 New Member

Thanks for the replies.
    Maybe I'll make that trip sometime after all :) !