Roof Rack and other accessories

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by Jamas, Jun 29, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Does anyone know if the Ioniq 5 can support a roof rack?

Also, being a new model, I doubt there are many accessories available for it yet, but if there are, can someone post links to them?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. It doesn't have roof rails and it does have (sometimes) a panoramic glass roof so I would say it's unlikely.

4. Tesla models 3/Y have a panoramic glass roof but they still have crossbars that you can install. Was hoping the same for the Ioniq 5.

5. Given some of the range estimates we've seen, add roof racks and you probably won't make it out of your driveway anyway. ;)

6. Joke aside, the range numbers we've seen so far are pretty inconclusive, but suggest range will be fantastic in ideal conditions and terrible in terrible conditions (in other words: exactly like every other EV. We just don't have enough data to fill out the curve, and Battery Life doesn't know how to do informative testing.)

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I'm mostly just interested in cross bars to load up a paddle board or kayak and drive it down the street to a launch ramp every now and then, but yeah, I get your point ;-)