Rob Mauer comments on million mile battery

Discussion in 'General' started by 101101, Sep 24, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

Rob said look the 1million mile plus battery is already in the Tesla storage products and Osborne effect to counter and its needed for the Robotaxi. Good points.
    One of his commenters said:

"Ken Chow:

Million mile battery was hidden in the details. It is implied In the slide titled "Diversified Cathode Approach" under Iron Based / Long Cycle Life (i.e. Lithium iron phosphate / LiFePO4 batteries which have 4000+ cycle life) with the image of the covered $25K car. The image of the covered $25K car is also shown under "Small / Robotaxi" in the slide "Goal One: Terrawatt-hour Scale Battery Production". As we know robotaxis need a million mile battery. So a LiFePO4 battery with a 300 mile range and 4000 cycles equals 1.2 million miles."

I'd add that Tesla partner CATL already spilled the beans on that claiming it for itself at least in the iron format- other formats may go farther. There is an interview with Sandy Munro and Bob Galyen battery honcho formerly of CATL.
    Bob takes a dim view of Tesla it seems doesn't want to concede that Tesla has any advantages- no secret sauce line. Bob also doesn't appreciate it seems that Tesla tells the public its stuff, doesn't think that's fair to its share holders. Bob doesn't seem to get that Tesla must take the public along to drive interest in transition and Tesla is about pace and about manufacturing and Tesla holds a ton back (even said that battery day.) Sandy points that out. So glad to hear Sandy was so happy with the the structural stuff Tesla was doing. I was too.

Only had one worry with battery day. That was that bs vote about about a simple majority on Tesla bylaws. That is so dangerous because that would allow fossil fueled total bs like ISS to start trying to back seat drive the company (completely on purpose) into a cement wall. How did this proposal or the ad proposal even come to a vote. Musks tranch shares will vest soon giving the company a hedge against some of this but that could be deadly especially to the green movement.

2. To remove this ad click here.