Rimac Automobili

Discussion in 'Other EVs' started by Domenick, Dec 5, 2017.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Rimac Automobili is a Croatian electric vehicle technology company. It revealed the world's first electric supercar, the Concept_One, in 2011.

A lot has happened over the intervening years, of course, and we'll talk about some of those things below. But just to establish this thread, let me cap this post with a pic of the Concept_One.

Rimac Concept_One black.jpg

Guildenstern likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Guildenstern likes this.
  4. We have a little more insight into the Rimac "C2," as it is codenamed.

It is said to feature a 120 kWh battery, level 4 autonomy, and will have a production run of 150 examples of the coupe version. Yes, there will be other versions -- one for the track and a spyder.
    Some of this and more about the company in general can be found in this excellent video interview:

5. Rimac has just revealed the C_Two, a supercomputer on very fast wheels. I've uploaded a gallery here.

0 to 60 in 1.85 seconds. 1914 horsepower. More computing power than a small country.

Rimac C_Two r.jpg

6. I just thought I'd add the short video of the Geneva unveiling, since the live feed of it on Facebook was pretty terrible. Plus, this video is short and nicely edited.
    Enjoy!

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Apexerman

Apexerman Member

Striking vehicle. The performance envelope and level of technology is formidable coming from a relatively unknown manufacturer. I don't know much about Croatian manufacturing, but color me impressed. The design is exquisite and the rates of acceleration are astounding. I recall a reviewer who drove a Tesla P100D in ludicrous mode and remarked that the initial launch was so fast, it made him nauseous. Can you imagine? We're getting to the point where cars can induce nausea? 1.85 seconds to 60mph? That's faster than it'll take to read this sentence. Damn.

Domenick likes this.
  9. Yeah, I imagine being a passenger on an acceleration run would feel pretty nuts. Being behind the wheel would help, but you can be sure that sort of sudden acceleration would be an extreme rush.

10. NeilBlanchard

NeilBlanchard Active Member

Jonny Smith is a great car reporter!

Domenick likes this.
  11. True. And thanks for posting that video. I had meant to, as it's probably the best one of the C_Two.

NeilBlanchard likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.